This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 03, 2007, 08:44 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Decisions, decisions...

I am faced with a (gasp!) decision.

Should I go flying as usual tomorrow with the usual crowd...or should I indulge my full-scale old car hobby and head off to the Pomona Swap Meet? An hour's drive west of here will put me in a wonderland of old cars and old parts. My '69 Ranchero and '65 Mustang would benefit greatly.

Only problem is...they start the swap meet at 5:00. That's "AM."

Eww.

I'll know more tomorrow. Maybe I'll do both, weather permitting.

Was able to get in some flying earlier today, but the wind was so unpredictable that I gave it up. Bounced the Cessna off the turf kind of hard on landing because of it. Broke a prop, but the new nosegear straps held up. Thankfully, I have gotten to the point whereby I can grease the Cessna in at will for a landing. The wind was constantly shifting direction when I was trying to bring it in and Old Man Tip Stall reared his head.

APC makes a 7x3 free-flight prop which might work. I'm waiting to hear back from the tech support guys.

Oh, and the Blade got clobbered by yet another radio hit. Only damage was a sheared retainer pin. Bought it home, straightened the slightly bent mainshaft, reassembled everything, took it outside...perfection. Almost as stable as a simulator. I ran an entire pack mostly hovering. Not enough room for forward flight in front of the house. WAY too fast.

So, it would appear that I'll need to find a suitable alternative field for the eggbeater.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Mar 03, 2007 at 08:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply