Mar 03, 2007, 03:58 AM
Thread OP

Eagle Tree announces Airspeed, Altitude and lots more new sensors for the MicroPower

Eagle Tree Systems, LLC is pleased to announce several powerful new sensors for our MicroPower eLogger.

Look at all you can learn about your model with your MicroPower and our low-cost add-ons:

* HOW HIGH WAS THAT? Altimeter Expander (MPR-ALT-EXP) - High resolution Altimeter measures Altitude from 0-8000 feet (0-2400m) with 4 foot (2 meter) or higher resolution.

* AND HOW FAST? Airspeed Expander (MPR-AIR-EXP) - Measures airspeed from 9-200 MPH!

* WHAT'S THAT BUZZ I HEAR? Servo Current Logger (SERVO-CURR-LOG) - Find out how much current your servo is drawing. Plugs into your MicroPower and servo to log current from 0-5 Amps.

* I WANT MORE! Multi-Expander (MPR-MULTI-EXP) - Expands your MicroPower to log Brushless RPM, Throttle stick movement, and simultaneous recording of two temperatures! Includes integrated Brushless RPM sensor and Y cable for Throttle monitoring. Temperature sensors sold separately.

* I WANT TO SEE IT ALL!! Memory Expander (MPR-MEM-EXP) - Increases your MicroPower's onboard logging time by 5x!

All the sensors listed above can be used simultaneously. And, they work with all versions of the MicroPower - support is only a web download away. Click here to pre-order or for more information!

Remember, only the Eagle Tree MicroPower eLogger + PowerPanel LCD Display is both a powerful in-flight (or in-car) logger, and the world's smallest and lightest watt meter/bench monitor, all in one! And, no other logger offers anywhere near the range of features or sensors of the MicroPower.
Last edited by billpa; May 27, 2007 at 11:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2007, 06:20 AM
Vintage Flyer
"All the sensors listed above can be used simultaneously."

does this mean that the two "temperature" ports of the multi-expander are actually generic input ports for any sensor ?

Mar 03, 2007, 10:14 AM
Bill,
Do I need any other piece of equipment for any of the sensors - especially altimeter and airspeed sensor (pitot tube/pressure sensor)?

Do you have any manuals available on-line yet so we see how each hooks up?

These new offerings look very promising,
Alan

PS Do future plans include a Multi-Expander upgrade to measure two motor RPMs using two magnetic rpm sensors?
Last edited by Al Offt; Mar 03, 2007 at 10:34 AM. Reason: changed question after reading more carefully
Mar 03, 2007, 10:24 AM
A man with too many toys
I have always wanted to know how much current my servos actually draw. What is that one so much more expensive than the others?

I assume there will be a software upgrade required to make all this work.

RC
Mar 03, 2007, 11:48 AM
PNF
Good stuff!
Mar 03, 2007, 12:27 PM
A man with too many toys
Any chance of updating the firmware so it will accurate measure voltage to 51v. Quite a few of us helicopter guys are now using 12s LiPo or 15 A123 batteries.

RC
Mar 03, 2007, 12:53 PM
Flying motor mount master
Bill-

Wow is all I can say.

I am really eyeing the Altimiter and the Airspeed sensor!!!

Keep up the great work!!!
B
Mar 05, 2007, 08:47 AM
A man with too many toys
bump
Mar 05, 2007, 04:15 PM
Southern Pride
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
Any chance of updating the firmware so it will accurate measure voltage to 51v. Quite a few of us helicopter guys are now using 12s LiPo or 15 A123 batteries.

RC
Most likely this is a hardware limit not firmware. There is a way around it but it requires a series harness ,two identical battery packs and a software (firmware) modification. Another Data Logger company already has this provision.

Some Data Logger companies do not like the idea of the high voltage setups being used by some flyers as they are approaching are in the leathal voltage range. Yes this is a highly debately issue but I just provide the info FYI.

Charles
Mar 05, 2007, 04:51 PM
A man with too many toys
When we get reports of modelers being electrocuted by a LiPo battery then that will be news. High voltage is definitely the way of the future – especially for large helicopters.

I have built lots of packs and never even felt a tingle

Mar 05, 2007, 05:07 PM
Southern Pride
Like I said just FYI:
I questioned one of the manufactures on providing for seried packs and their direct responce was

Quote:
Our logger can be powered by up to ** V < edited out max V )and ve test each unit with this voltage. Doubling the voltage, like ***** < edited out name) does, would be dangerous for people..

Charles
Mar 06, 2007, 11:10 PM
Thread OP
HI All,

Thanks for the kind words about the new sensors!

RC Man, yes, a software download from our website will be required for the new sensors.

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Last edited by billpa; Mar 08, 2007 at 01:45 PM.
May 27, 2007, 09:57 PM
Thread OP
Hi All,

I wanted to let you know that the new sensors for the MicroPower are shipping this Tuesday (May 26). Thanks for your patience on these!

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
May 28, 2007, 02:46 AM
deleted - see my blog
Larry
Last edited by Larry3215; Jun 28, 2007 at 02:53 AM.
May 28, 2007, 07:28 PM
Thread OP
Hi Larry,

Hope you're having the same weather we're having today. Ain't bad!

The sensor comes with a small diameter rubber hose with a pitot tube, which just mounts somewhere in the airstream. If possible, the ideal mounting is via a hole in the leading edge (assuming a plane) with the rubber hose run through the wing ribs. But, it's easy enough to temporarily mount it in other ways.

One thing we have not tried is to simply mount the sensor without the pitot tube connected, in the airstream. I suspect that will work well with smaller planes and helis. The sensor would probably need to be glued in place, though, and would need to be far enough away from the plane's body to avoid turbulance.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree

Quick Reply