Jun 22, 2007, 02:47 AM
What can I crash today?
This statement:

"Important note! The included screws are too long and will need to be user-modified or replaced. If you use the included screws, they may contact the motor windings and short out the motor. Shorter screws from stock were used on the review model."

Seems like they really should make the effort to send the correct screws?

Otherwise, great review!!!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2007, 06:07 AM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22
WHat is the Price Range for this Kit?

Regards
Mal
Mal,

Tower Hobbies sells them priced from $89.99 to $107.99(with 2 EDF64 brushless fan units)

See them HERE

Ronnie
Jun 22, 2007, 06:43 AM
Exceptionally nice landing !!.Very nice paint job indeed .I was amazed how original it was very naturalistic.
Jun 22, 2007, 04:07 PM
70 is the new 50
Looks real good. In the defense of Dare's shipping charges they charge the same for everyone, no matter what the order. I agree, though - it hurts to shell out $6 for a couple of little styrene pilot busts. I would probably just order something else as well to make it "feel" better - they have a very nice selection of various kits and models.

...bob
Jun 23, 2007, 05:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged
Exceptionally nice landing !!.Very nice paint job indeed .I was amazed how original it was very naturalistic.
Thanks - Doug is a very talented painter. He was also flying the plane for that landing! So he is an OK pilot..

Mike
Jun 23, 2007, 06:39 PM
Ahhgh! Not ANOTHER new plane!

Retracts?

Robart makes steerable retractable tricycle gear for planes under 2lbs - uses 3/32" wire struts, which are quite robust. With the mechs, a retract or 2 and the linkages, it'll probably increase the weight between 3 & 4 oz. Any opinions on whether the stock power setup could handle this - perhaps 4S?
Jun 23, 2007, 06:54 PM
The art of Crashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Stinson
Robart makes steerable retractable tricycle gear for planes under 2lbs - uses 3/32" wire struts, which are quite robust. With the mechs, a retract or 2 and the linkages, it'll probably increase the weight between 3 & 4 oz. Any opinions on whether the stock power setup could handle this - perhaps 4S?
On 4S and the 005A motors you would be at or a hair above 1:1 thrust ratio...you'd be fine.
Jun 25, 2007, 06:02 PM
Captured RAF FW - 190
I've had one of these come the other day, but my model shop got me the EDF64 fans (with EM150 brushed motors), as I wasn't sure the fan units came with the model which they did (oh well I've got some spares)
My question is how well would it fly with these motors? It would allow me to use a speed control I have already.
In truth I was just buying a couple of the fan units, I didn't know the motors came with them and was going to go brushless but I'm sure some one here said they use the edf 64/EM150 with the 262.
It would mean I could get used to the flight characteristics of the model before an upgrade
Jun 25, 2007, 08:20 PM
NO! NO! NO! GO WITH THE BRUSHELSS. You are going to do More Damage/work putting the Brushless motors in Later anyways. You will be Just fine with the BL motors right away BL Motors give you More power Overall but you can still make it a Tame Flier with the BL Motors.

Regards
MAl
Jun 26, 2007, 09:05 AM
Captured RAF FW - 190
Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll get a pair of the brushless motors with a high amp 'single' brushless ESC. This sound a good bet?
I may be able to get a high amp single ESC for around the same price as two lesser ones.
Jun 26, 2007, 09:23 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
I'll get a pair of the brushless motors with a high amp 'single' brushless ESC. This sound a good bet?
You mightbe able to get away with one ESC, but that can be fought with danger. I would highly recommend two.

Mike
Jun 26, 2007, 12:34 PM
Is this combo from eypapa a good deal?
http://epyaya.com/product_info.php?c...oducts_id=2266
Jun 26, 2007, 09:26 PM
Captured RAF FW - 190
Not even use of a 70 amp single ESC would be recommended?
Jun 27, 2007, 01:23 AM
AMA 353531
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300s
Not even use of a 70 amp single ESC would be recommended?
For the price of a single 70 you can find 2 25's and save a whole lot of worry.
Jun 27, 2007, 01:25 AM
AMA 353531
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300s
It would mean I could get used to the flight characteristics of the model before an upgrade
It can be done, but the flight characteristics will be wholely different with brushelss vs brushed. Wign loading is considerably higher, power-to-weight considerably lower. Very, very different (and much less fun and forgiving) airplane when it's brushed.

I don't think a motor swap has to be a big hassel necessarily, but you'll have a lot more fun and a lot less frustration if you go brushless from the start. I used kit motors that only cost $16 a piece, so it doesn't have to be all that expensive, either.

Quick Reply