Fliton Extra 330S Mini or Precision Aerobatics Katana Mini? - RC Groups
Feb 28, 2007, 03:42 PM
AKA Amraam
Discussion

Fliton Extra 330S Mini or Precision Aerobatics Katana Mini?

How does the Fliton Extra 330S mini compare to this model?

Precision Aerobatics Katana Mini

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2007, 03:56 PM
Don't lie to my dog.
I am not an expert huckster, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I have both planes. I really like both planes. The obvious difference is that the Katana mini is bigger, wanting about 250 Watts, while the Extra mini is closer to 210. I like to fly the Katana in more big sky type manouvers and it does awesome blenders. The Extra likes to do harriers and waterfalls and the like.
Just getting in my opinions before the shills arrive.
Feb 28, 2007, 04:24 PM
AKA Amraam
Thanks Gregg!

Do you have G3 by any chance? (I'm not asking for a copy lol)
Feb 28, 2007, 04:25 PM
Don't lie to my dog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Hazza
Thanks Gregg!

Do you have G3 by any chance? (I'm not asking for a copy lol)
No, I do not. Sorry.
Feb 28, 2007, 04:35 PM
AKA Amraam
Ah OK np. I was just going to ask if you could try a KM model to see how close it is to the real thing.

How well does it harrier and Prop hang (hover)?

Also, how does the undercarriage perform on grass?

Thanks
Feb 28, 2007, 04:56 PM
i have both as well and i like the flight envelope of the extra mini. does just about everything i ask for it to do. as greg pointed out, there are some obvious differences like the sizes and power setups, etc. My KM just wont knife edge and has a hard time with inverted harriers. hope this helps.
Feb 28, 2007, 05:32 PM
AKA Amraam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2Low
i have both as well and i like the flight envelope of the extra mini. does just about everything i ask for it to do. as greg pointed out, there are some obvious differences like the sizes and power setups, etc. My KM just wont knife edge and has a hard time with inverted harriers. hope this helps.
Yup, it does help! A LOT!

I think I now prefer the look of the KM but I feel (I only have sim experience with the KM, nothing with the Extra Mini) the Extra will perform better. In G3, even with 40* travel, on the rudder, it is hard to KE. I also think the KM will be too big and a bit above my budget. I don't think a KM will fly well on a Hacler A20-20L?

Does anyone have a Extra 330S Mini model for G3.5?
Feb 28, 2007, 06:17 PM
the Katana Mini is a great model, but i don't think you will get the performance you want with a 20-20L, on mine i have used the A30-28s and thats perfect, here is a few videos of mine

http://www.aerofun3d.com/videos/km60fps.wmv

http://www.aerofun3d.com/videos/kmdeluxe.wmv

Also mine knife edges great, you can see in the videos
Feb 28, 2007, 06:17 PM
Don't lie to my dog.
The Katana mini will fly on an A20-20, but really only as a sport plane. There is a dirth of nice planes for the A20-20, but not all that many for the A30-28 (KM size). The new one coming from Fliton does look promising though.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623777
Feb 28, 2007, 06:18 PM
AKA Amraam
Whichever model I go for, the main features I'm looking for are:
  • Stable Knife Edge
  • Stable Hovering
  • Stable Harrier/slow flight
  • Something fun to properly learn 3D on!!
Feb 28, 2007, 07:24 PM
I'll get you Red Barron
[*]Stable Knife Edge[*]Stable Hovering[*]Stable Harrier/slow flight

Don't know what you think about this one but I have a u-can-do 3D EPP with a brushless motor and it is sweet, the only thing is it takes a little time to learn to knife edge. The other plane you might like is the Brio from e-flight it will knife edge forever. And if you want me to I can try out eny plane on G3.5.
Feb 28, 2007, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Hazza
Whichever model I go for, the main features I'm looking for are:
  • Stable Knife Edge
  • Stable Hovering
  • Stable Harrier/slow flight
  • Something fun to properly learn 3D on!!
Sounds like my fliton extra mini. especially for that motor..im running the a20:20l on 10x5.5E, perfection!
Feb 28, 2007, 07:49 PM
Verified Long Time Member
i dont know if you like flitons edge mini, but mine flies very nicely too. if you want to go larger, the aj extra is a good slow flying plane that holds its own.
Feb 28, 2007, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2Low
Sounds like my fliton extra mini. especially for that motor..im running the a20:20l on 10x5.5E, perfection!
10x5.5E sounds like a good fit for the A20/20L - but is your prop an APC E? The APC website doesn't show E's in that size.
Mar 01, 2007, 06:17 AM
AKA Amraam
Does the mini extra hover/harrier well? Or does it wing rock/stall out of such slow manuvers?

Quick Reply