Feb 27, 2007, 11:59 AM
Back in black............
Thread OP
Discussion

video and picture editing program

Ok guy's I need a little info. My birthday is April 6th. Amanda asked me last night what I wanted. I told her I wanted a good program for editing video and pics. She said where do I get it and what is it called. I said I dont know.
I have been doing some searching and found a couple of treads but there all old. So please give your input here whats the best all around program. I have a couple of freebe down loads and some that came with cameras but they are really basic. I would like to move up to a much better program.

thanks for any help
Mike
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2007, 12:35 PM
I used Adobe Photoshop for stills and Adobe Premiere Elements 3 for vids. I like elements cuz it's super easy to add text.
Feb 27, 2007, 03:11 PM
Am I registered?
There probably are better programs but, for video, I use Magix Movie Edit Pro. I'm happy with it and don't have any desire to try something else. It is pretty good for the price and will run on older machines. Much better than Windows Movie Maker. It has a lot of features and is fairly intuitive. For stills, I mainly use photofiltre freeware. It works good, has enough features for basic editing, and is free. I have Photoshop Elements, but it is too slow on my old PC. I'll probably use it when I get around to upgrading the old mother board.

Randy
Feb 27, 2007, 03:19 PM
You can usually find Adobe Photoshop Elements (photos) and Premiere (video) bundled together cheaper than separately. I use Photoshop Elements a lot; haven't used Premiere but it's supposed to be quite powerful.

There's a freebie video editor that comes with Windows XP called Windows Movie Maker.

-Vince
Feb 27, 2007, 03:32 PM
Thread OP
thanks for the ifno guys. I have windows movie maker but I dont really care fo it much. I also have vedio impresions and dont care for it at all. Might have to give the adobe programs a try

Mike
Feb 27, 2007, 03:52 PM
Part-Time Super Hero
Ulead VideoStudio is another good one. Go with version 9 not 10. 10 doesn't support de-interlacing, which is a must if you want to share your vids on a PC.

I use Ulead MediaStudio Pro 8. This one's pretty expensive but gives all the other pro editors a good run for their money.

I'll agree with you about Windows Movie Maker. Horrid.

Mark
Feb 28, 2007, 06:11 PM
I tend to use Sony Vegas 7, I find its the best video editing program out there. Use it for all my work, I use it mainly for my pyrotechnics work but its great for anything! Love it to bits!
Feb 28, 2007, 06:17 PM
Thread OP
thanks guys for all the tips please keep it coming I am going to print this out and give to Amanda and here you go honey find one that one of these guys said was good just dont get one that they said wasn't.

Mike
Feb 28, 2007, 11:45 PM
All posts Copyright '07
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronney
I used Adobe Photoshop for stills and Adobe Premiere Elements 3 for vids. I like elements cuz it's super easy to add text.
Make that two votes for Premiere.
Feb 28, 2007, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars4fun2001
thanks guys for all the tips please keep it coming I am going to print this out and give to Amanda and here you go honey find one that one of these guys said was good just dont get one that they said wasn't.

Mike
Make it even easier on her.

Just tell her to click here and buy it.

It's the photoshop elements/premier bundle. Both are great packages, and the bundle is a great value for what you get.

http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photosho...TF8&s=software
Feb 28, 2007, 11:55 PM
Thread OP
Looks like photoshop elements/premier has some backers that good to know. dreslism thanks for the link that will make it easer on her.

Mike
Mar 01, 2007, 12:41 AM
I use WMM2 ):
I just found out if your CPU doesn't support SSE2 Premier doesn't work )':
Mar 05, 2007, 03:52 PM
What's an SSE2?

-Vince
Mar 05, 2007, 04:15 PM
Your attitude is your alt
I use Studio 10, it works very well, has lots of features, my only gripe is that they nickle and dime you to death for add-ons, which are a real bummer. If it weren't for that I'd give it and A+ rating! As it is I can only grade it C+.

Gary
Mar 05, 2007, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpatron
What's an SSE2?

-Vince
It's an instruction set used by the CPU.
There's some technical info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2

Quick Reply