If it flies, its cool
where is the tutorial?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2008, 10:22 PM
I'm not flying backwards!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondohead
it looks also from the plans the printer paper must be trimmed befor you fit and tape them togather?
what are you using for paint? ever covered a fff plane in monocote or the like?
You must trim every sheet before taping them together. I just painted mine with cheap brush on Walmart acrylic paint thinned with a little tiny bit of windshield washer anti freeze.

Tony
Apr 07, 2008, 10:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
whatar you suposed to do wiit the exhaust design in the plans?
You cut out the manifold out of foam and the exhaust pipe is a piece of a drinking straw painted black with a Sharpie marker.

Tony
Apr 07, 2008, 10:25 PM
If it flies, its cool
wich wing should i use for shanon? the kfm wings look stronger to withstand the bad ideas of dumd thumbs but you say it is faster?
Apr 07, 2008, 10:25 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
where is the tutorial?
Here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8&postcount=75
Apr 07, 2008, 10:26 PM
If it flies, its cool
oops i thought i was posting in the bb thred
Apr 07, 2008, 10:27 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
wich wing should i use for shanon? the kfm wings look stronger to withstand the bad ideas of dumd thumbs but you say it is faster?
It depends on how experienced a flyer you are. If you are inexperienced use the 4-40 UC, if you have some stick time use the KFm2.

Tony
Apr 08, 2008, 07:07 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Tony, thank you, now I understood! Just don´t know what means 4-40 airfoil.. i saw the Blubaby thread.

Tks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony65x55
Luis, it is a 4-40 airfoil, which means 4% camber at 40% chord. I don't heat it, just roll it over the edge of a kitchen countertop. It just takes a few seconds to do each wing. There is a tutorial on the Blu-Baby thread on how to do it.

The wing incidence is set by the struts and cabanes.

Tony
Apr 09, 2008, 09:39 PM
Did you started your littlle project? I would like so much to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hklam
I have not began on my smaller version build yet though i have already cut-up the 3mm foam.

Got me thinking maybe I should increase the size abit to say 20" wspan, and dropping the idea of having ailerons and stick with conventional R/E/T. At too small it will have a lower wingloading and maybe porky for a 300mah 2S cell.

Oh, by the way, did you guys see the SE5a ARF foamie by Eflite? Link here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788621

It seemed to be on an identical platform, size, weight wise and ergonomics with Tony's design. It uses a 250 Eflite brushless and 450 mah 2S lipo and wingspan of 30" with an AUW ranging between 7.5 - 8.5oz and is a real floater like ours!

hklam
Apr 09, 2008, 10:12 PM
Not yet Claudio.....too busy working, tending to the family and of course flying my SE5a. I'll see what I can come-up with over the coming weekend! How's your build coming?

Tony,

How's your much anticipated new model coming along? All of us have been logging in anxiously everyday to check and see what you came-up with.

hklam
Apr 09, 2008, 10:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Not yet Claudio.....too busy working, tending to the family and of course flying my SE5a. I'll see what I can come-up with over the coming weekend! How's your build coming?

Tony,

How's your much anticipated new model coming along? All of us have been logging in anxiously everyday to check and see what you came-up with.

hklam
HK, I got to see some pics of the new bird tonight. Bob sent them to me so I could see how GORGEOUS the new airplane is. WOW!!!! is it beautiful. And almost finished too. A couple more days, right Bob?

Tony
Apr 10, 2008, 06:49 AM
Good morning HK / All,

I am so exciting about starting this project this weekend but I still don´t know what size of project I choose to begin. I´m in doubt about doing it 100% from the Tony´s plan or reduce it at 60/70%, just like you said would start yours

What do you think would fit better this project? I have the eletronic below in my Starlite, that weights 143gr RTF, and I love this motor, so light and powerfull, below the STarlite´s eletronics, I bought in 2Dogrc (http://2dogrc.com/ecommerce/os/catal...Path=26_88_136)

1 x Dualsky 6A 2-3 Cells Brushless ESC;
1 x Dualsky 300 mAh 7.4V Li-Poly Battery (7.5A Cont);
2 x BMS-306 6.4 gram, 12 oz/in Torque RC Servo;
1 x Silver Bullet 10 Gram Brushless Motor;
1 x Receiver Berg Micro Stamp 4L

Or I also can put the motor/esc I have in my Ugly Stick (Scotta´s plan):

Motor:

3 528g 8.6 9x5 HD
3 422g 5.9 8x4HD
3 480g 7.8 8x3.8
2 350g 7.3 10x4.7

2s TP 1320mah 7.4
final weight: 364gr
servos: 2 x BMS308-Blue Bird (rudder / stabilizer)
Servos: 1 X PICO GWS (aileron)

Servos I have 2 hs-55 left here at home, another doubt is to put or not aileron.

Suggestions will be so interesting, as I think about start cutting the templates this weekend!

Thank you all,
Luis.

Quote:

Tony,

hklam
Apr 10, 2008, 07:09 AM
Thread OP
Luis, if you're going to go full size the Ugly Stick set up would be better for the SE5a. We know the full size one flies well and that motor set up looks perfect.

Tony
Apr 10, 2008, 07:20 AM
Ok Tony, thanks. I´ll look for a way to hold the wing in the fuse that I can take it off when I travel, my car has not so much space, try to hold it with rubber bands..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony65x55
Luis, if you're going to go full size the Ugly Stick set up would be better for the SE5a. We know the full size one flies well and that motor set up looks perfect.

Tony
Apr 10, 2008, 07:22 AM
Thread OP
The original plan includes the rubber band hold downs for both the bottom wing and the top wing.

Tony

Quick Reply