Feb 26, 2007, 12:24 AM
Thread OP
Question

The Gabby 2M TD

Any one fly the The Gabby 2M TD sold by nesail? Likes, dislikes or problems, or recommendations? Looks like a great plane!!!!

Badog65
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2007, 06:37 PM
Hi Badog...type gabby in the search this forum , and also in the thermal forum and you'll get some info on the gabby. I just picked one up from NESAIL at the WRAM show in New York. Haven't started to build yet but looks like really good quality to me. Doesn't come with instructions so search for truestory's build thread. Good lift.
Feb 26, 2007, 09:48 PM
I too was at the WRAM show and was real impressed with the looks of the Gabby 3.3M TD at the nesail booth. Sal says he won't have any for a couple of months. Price seemed too reasonable for a molded glider of this size and quality (maybe Sal was hyping things a bit). The fit and finish looked beautiful. Not much info available yet except that the plane will use the AG series airfoils. I tried to buy the plane at the show, but Sal says it's a prototype and not for sale. He says he needs to test its performance before the plane can be brought to market.
Feb 26, 2007, 09:55 PM
PNF
Yeah, search for Don True's (truestorys) build threads. Prepare to laugh a lot. Not at the plane... but with Don.
Feb 26, 2007, 10:09 PM
In the lift zone...
I've got the Gabby 2M flapped polyhedral version still in the box....Was supposed to be for my son at Christmas, but got in late....he ended up with a Soprano instead! Poor kid.

The Gabby looks awesome, and I look forward to building it and flying it....Sal did a great job getting hold of it (they were pretty scarce at the end of last year) and getting it to me here in Texas.

May have to get my neighbor Don to consult with me on that project once I get it started.....he may have done on or two of these, or so I hear....

Grab one up and let's get some build posts going!

John.
Feb 26, 2007, 10:56 PM
Thermal Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfreeman

May have to get my neighbor Don to consult with me on that project once I get it started.....he may have done on or two of these, or so I hear....

John.
John..... Me consult with you on the Gabby project?

You and I both know that your building skills surpass mine. What I kluge together in 5 minutes you take an hour to do and do perfect. I can't wait to see your Gabby Build.

The Gabby is a great thermally ship. The only thing I don't know is will it take a Killer, Pedal to the Medal Launch. I worry about plastic bolts ripping off the wing. I don't worry about the wing. It's strong enough. And I was talking to my Spiritual Sailplane adviser the other night on the phone and he told me not to worry about ripping the wings off. He mumbled something about only creating 20Gs on a hard launch and if you have 4 bolts then each bolt only has to carry 1/4 of 20Gs and that turns into about 60 pounds of force on the plastic bolts and them plastics bolts that are coarse and not metric can handle the hard launch and that I should just go ahead and blast the Gabby skyward with Full Mega Pedal down force.

So the next good day, I'm having Freeman launch me as hard as he can and give me a hard ZOOM on the winch and we'll see if I can rip the wings off the Gabby!

Don
Feb 27, 2007, 01:35 AM
PNF
I don't have to remind you to film that winch zoom, do I?
Feb 27, 2007, 07:45 PM
In the lift zone...
I was thinking we should encourage Don to wear my helmet cam at all times when he's testing the limits of his airframes.....

Quick Reply