Mayday!
Thread OP
Discussion

Ford (Stout) 2-AT finished... need 3-view of Ford Flivver

Here's my finished and flown Ford 2-AT.
WS = 46"
Length = 37.5"
AUW = 22 oz
It's a foamy, scaled up from the FF plans by Stu Weckerly.
Radio problems caused a crash on the maiden and the pictures are after the repairs.
The in-flight pics are taken from a choppy video of the crash.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=646412
Since repaired I've flown it 3 times and its a floater (FF origins?) but can really roll. It's especially cool seeing the large F-O-R-D on the wing's underside when it's in the air.
The rubber bands are temporary

While researching the 2-AT, I came across the Ford Flivver and want to model it but can't find a 3-view of it. Help please?

Tim
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2007, 10:03 PM
Tim, The 2-AT looks great! It's sure not one you see modeled often. Excellant job.

Williams brothers did a Ford Flivver -- 1/48 scale I think, and as always, their plans had really nice 3 view drawings for decal placement which would be well suited to your project. I don't have a kit here, but I'd bet theres someone out there somewhere who would be willing to scan the plans for you.

PAT
Feb 26, 2007, 02:04 PM
Tim, I hope you can use these three views.
Feb 26, 2007, 11:31 PM
Mayday!
Thread OP
Pat, thanks for the kind words. It's astonishing watching you produce the number of cool models you have. At your present rate, you may run out of worthy subjects .

Laddie, also thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I've been following your facetmobile build and can't wait to see the maiden video, hopefully the snow will melt soon.

Do either of you have any thoughts on whether I should enlarge the tail area on the flivver? Since I was working from a FF print on the 2-AT I was confident that the tail was large enough.

Tim
Last edited by Newtron; Feb 26, 2007 at 11:38 PM.
May 11, 2007, 09:17 AM
Mayday!
Thread OP
Update -all the issues have been worked out and 2-AT is an excellent flyer. Here's some video. Unfortunately I was the only one there so I had to set the camcorder down, point it toward the sky and hope for the best (ala alby and griffin et al).

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=684463

Tim
May 12, 2007, 04:22 PM
Hi Tim
Dereck Woodward built a 1/5th scale version of the Flivver. The span is slightly over 50" and the tailplane span is about 14". From the three view, the relative sizes look to be about the same ratio. I must admit the tailplane does look small but I assume he built it to scale size. His write up states this a/c flew ok. I hope so as I am in the process of building this plane and hope to fly it soon. It will however have a four stroke up front, as I decided to have a change from electric power for a while. Best of luck with yours.
John
Jul 02, 2007, 08:44 PM

2-AT Video

Uploaded a video of the 2-AT from this weekend:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...71#post7731769

Quick Reply