Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Feb 25, 2007, 07:30 PM
Registered User
Discussion

Micro Helis drop in alu hub for Blade CP, any good?


I found this at Microheli.com

Drop in rotor head hub for blade CP.

http://www.microheli.com/mhshop/prod...roducts_id=385

I also found that they sell metal blade grips with bell-hiller for the CP Pro.

http://www.microheli.com/mhshop/prod...roducts_id=361

Anyone with experience of these products?

Ulf
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2007, 08:44 PM
Psurvival = 1/ThArrival
osterizer's Avatar
Funny you should mention it-- I ordered the hub not more than an hour ago! I don't know if it will be as good as my other MH parts, but I'll find out Thu or Fri. I expect the grips will do wonders for the head, but not going there just yet.
Feb 25, 2007, 10:22 PM
Idle up!
PLATINUM's Avatar
I have the complete head (for cp2/blade cp).. The hub for blade pro is a bit different, but I can assure you uH product is top notch! The only thing I noticed is their set screw on my hub was not tight.. So I just used the jesus pin. No biggy.

I am converting my cp2 to a Compy300 upgrade frame. It is kinda combo of a CP2/Blade CP and T-rex.. I have a uH t-rex tail assembly coming for my conversion.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...roducts_id=563
Feb 25, 2007, 10:30 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by osterizer
Funny you should mention it-- I ordered the hub not more than an hour ago! I don't know if it will be as good as my other MH parts, but I'll find out Thu or Fri. I expect the grips will do wonders for the head, but not going there just yet.

Looks like we got the last ones. I ordered one to from Helidirect but now they show out of stock. I snapped a blade grip today but I have one laying around but next time I am getting the MH ones unless there is some problems with them.
Feb 25, 2007, 10:57 PM
Registered User
There seems to be more parts coming for the head.

Look at these that I saw when looking at the button.

I like this. I was hoping E-flite would release aluminum components but it looks like microheli is winning the race.

Ulf
Feb 26, 2007, 01:35 AM
HeliDirect's Avatar
Yes they are top notch cnc parts. They have the flybar coming soon and another version of main frame for blade cp pro. This version is only 69.99usd using stock landing gear. So it's a big improvement in price compared to the 120 buck previous version airframe. Will release in a few days. But the belt drive will be 287.99usd
Feb 26, 2007, 06:53 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDirect
Yes they are top notch cnc parts. They have the flybar coming soon and another version of main frame for blade cp pro. This version is only 69.99usd using stock landing gear. So it's a big improvement in price compared to the 120 buck previous version airframe. Will release in a few days. But the belt drive will be 287.99usd

That is great news. It is very nice to have al parts that are compatible with the stock parts so that it is possible to get replacements in the LHS.

Does HeliDirect have the Bell-Hiller blade grips in stock?

Ulf
Feb 26, 2007, 07:15 AM
Will fly for food
2 downsides. uH costomer support is a bad joke.

Some people have had problems with uH stuff using a softer aluminum on the larger heli parts and having bending problems. May not be a big deal on micros.

AFAIK E-flite was just going to sell the uH head, which will help solve the customer support issues.
Feb 27, 2007, 12:32 PM
Psurvival = 1/ThArrival
osterizer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribologist
Looks like we got the last ones. I ordered one to from Helidirect but now they show out of stock. I snapped a blade grip today but I have one laying around but next time I am getting the MH ones unless there is some problems with them.
It's in the hands of fedex now. We'll see how it works when it arrives.
Feb 27, 2007, 12:39 PM
Sidewalkers stand clear!
Cityflyer's Avatar
I got the blade grips with bell-hiller and they work great.

I Also got the hub incoming any day now.
Feb 27, 2007, 01:03 PM
Idle up!
PLATINUM's Avatar
I recieved my uH T-rex tail assembly for my cp2/blade conversion to Compy 300 belt upgrade frame. Very nice piece! See attached link
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...mentid=1198806
Feb 28, 2007, 12:13 AM
Registered User
I have the blade grips (bell-hiller) and had to remove them. Unfortunately I was getting a very bad vibration. To make sure it wasn't the grips, I installed all new components including a new set of blades but still had the same problem. The vibration is so bad that the battery just came loose. Since then I have put them away figuring out what to do next. I was and still am a bit dissapointed these grips did not work for me. Maybe I did something wrong?
Feb 28, 2007, 06:52 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc67
I have the blade grips (bell-hiller) and had to remove them. Unfortunately I was getting a very bad vibration. To make sure it wasn't the grips, I installed all new components including a new set of blades but still had the same problem. The vibration is so bad that the battery just came loose. Since then I have put them away figuring out what to do next. I was and still am a bit dissapointed these grips did not work for me. Maybe I did something wrong?

Did the vibrations go away when you went back to the standard grips? How did the blades track? If the blades track the only other thing that will cause vibration that I can think of is if the hub is not centered. (or the blade grips beeing different length., check the space between the hub and the blade grip)

The things I can think of is either that you got the feathering shaft assembly together wrong (missed a shim or a spacer, possibly got the spacer under the nut stuck on the end of the shaft. Are the grips moving free under axial load?

Ulf
Feb 28, 2007, 08:23 AM
Registered User
Yes, the vibrations disappeared after putting back the plastic grips. Yes, the blades tracked fine with the cnc grips. I also changed the hub, o-rings, spindle, shaft and still had the vibration. Everything was put back in the correct way and yes the grips moved freely under load. I was at this for several hours with no luck.
Feb 28, 2007, 08:31 AM
Idle up!
PLATINUM's Avatar
Sounds like you need another dampening washer inbetween the grip and the hub.

Mine is like this on the complete cnc head

grip bolt/washer >> grip >> slip washer(grove fits bearing) >> rubber dampening ring, aluminum ring(inside hub)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Is there any reason not to go to carbon fiber blade for the blade cp? SteveCH Micro Helis 26 Aug 17, 2007 07:01 AM
For Sale E-flite 4 in 1 controller for Blade CP $50.00 shipped NIP nakman8 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 4 Mar 18, 2007 09:15 PM
Alu Swash for Blade CP? kenmalecki Micro Helis 0 Oct 16, 2005 04:32 PM