Feb 25, 2007, 01:14 AM
Thread OP
Yippee!

RCWorks Lil Stinker almost ready to go!!

Here it is. All thats left is covering, wingtips and a few minutes to install the control rods!

It has for its power system a het3w with a 4.75x4.5apc, highmodel 60 amp esc with switchmode bec , 3s 20c 2200 hxts , berg4l and 2x hs81s. Pulls 28 amps of angry bee when I bench run it! Seemed like a lot of thrust as well. I wonder what the 4.75x4.75 will do.... I am worried about batt bay cooling so I may steal an idea I read in a post not to long ago about using Needlepoint plastic for batt tray covers.

I am so stoked to fly this wing, she should be insanely fast!!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2007, 01:22 AM
cant leave things stock
looks great man :-)
I love the one I got
it did take me a few flights to get used to its handling but today I had a friggin blast with it for sure
take care
JAK
Feb 25, 2007, 01:29 AM
Thread OP
Its a new kind of build for me. It weighs approx as much as my 60 inch zagnuts did. But its not hollow depron and the power system/batts are much heavier. Plus I probably added a tiny bit extra strapping tape. I plan to weigh it after covering. I'm thinking its probably going to be 22 oz or so.
Feb 25, 2007, 03:50 PM
aka WarpedWingNut
looks good ! should be a screamer, can't wait to hear about the first flight.
Dan
Feb 26, 2007, 02:47 PM
Yes, right there.
woooo!
Feb 26, 2007, 04:34 PM
Thread OP
Venting went in this morning and covering will likely happen tonight.
The vent system went in great I used the needlepoint plastic. Cut out part of the battery hatch on top and cut 3 exit tubes out the bottom of the battery bay. I figure that the high press on top of the wing combined with the low press underneath should make it flow well.
Maiden will depend on whether I send my radio for service or not.
Mar 01, 2007, 02:14 AM
Thread OP

All covered up Just need to install the controll rods and put on the winglets. It turned out not to bad for a first time covering (i think)

I took a closeup shot of what my cooling solution looks like. Its made out of needlepoint plastic one piece in the batt door and three vents tubes out the bottom. I have yet to decide if i am going to shorten up the wires on the esc or leave them as is.

I still am going to spice up the covering scheme a bit but
havent decided exactly what to do yet (suggestions are welcome)

Shawn
Mar 01, 2007, 02:15 AM
very clever venting,
Jeremy
Mar 01, 2007, 02:19 AM
Thread OP
he he. Thanks
I like your idea as well. I am not really sure if it mine will work or not, but it looks ok and I can always change out the batt door if it does not.
Shawn
Mar 01, 2007, 02:27 AM
your going to have a blast with that thing. that core is fast and you need very little power to push it. that thing is even fun with a brushed motor, brushless wow. it does not real fly as much as it cut though the air. please give us a post flight round up.
Mar 01, 2007, 02:31 AM
Shawn,It will work just fine.I think Paul and I over complicated my thread a little but I think you will be happy with it.
Mar 01, 2007, 02:33 AM
Thread OP
Looking forward to it, right now I am debating wheter to wait for my eclipse 7 with Expo to get warranty repair or just to use my older jr xf631. Bahh decisions suck! I will have to consider that I have never used expo before on anything and when I have flown speenrippers planes with expo I disliked it. Just never flown anything that could approach these speeds before.

Shawn
Mar 01, 2007, 02:34 AM
Thread OP
Its all good. I never would have even thought of doing your idea. I might consider it if I get a sledgehammer. That 20 lbs of lead shot pic is just sexy!!
Mar 01, 2007, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTMAN
Its all good. I never would have even thought of doing your idea. I might consider it if I get a sledgehammer. That 20 lbs of lead shot pic is just sexy!!
glass work great, but its not the end all in wing. you have a good looking build and it will fly great. you can real see glass work when your pushing over 100mph and make a hair pin turn. or in a 50 to 60 mph crash. while it is fun to go fast, most of the time i like to fly at half power, do tricks, and have fun. my speed runs are often just to show off. this is what happened to my sickle glass when i was showing off. i got two flights on this wing. it was fast.
Mar 01, 2007, 02:55 AM
Thread OP
was it a total loss or is it fixable?

Quick Reply