Apr 25, 2009, 08:15 AM
OOPS
yea im gonna put my new microdan motor on a hot rod foamie and put lights on it for seff.that should be kool..might actually get done if pj puts it together for me ololo..hes already fixin my ssx wing powerlines dumb dog broke.....dumb dog he got from me hahahaha..i gotta go cut grass,and weed eat..some of the weed eating will be done chemically..i know a farmer got the good stuff oh yeaa..
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2009, 08:17 AM
There is no place like Hodges!
Quote:
Originally Posted by photohikedive
does it look something like this?
WOW! That SSX looks just like mine! LOL!
Apr 25, 2009, 09:17 AM
Which kv are you using.
Apr 25, 2009, 09:44 AM
There is no place like Hodges!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMac
Which kv are you using.
I think it is 910kv but I am not sure.

It is the 2510-3D. The only 2510s he has are the 3D, and the 1300kv.
May 02, 2009, 11:41 AM

Balsa or Bass Wood

Balsa or Bass Wood

The instructions (page 3, number 6) say: "Inspect bass wood spars for knots and install spars with knots to the outside edge of the wing. Install 3/16 by 3/16 bass wood spars so that the ....."

I got 4 3/16 by 3/16 spars, but they are obviously balsa, not bass wood. Don't know if they should be or if that is a mistake in the directions. Don't want to put in balsa if it's supposed to be bass wood.

TIA for any help.
May 03, 2009, 07:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas
Balsa or Bass Wood

The instructions (page 3, number 6) say: "Inspect bass wood spars for knots and install spars with knots to the outside edge of the wing. Install 3/16 by 3/16 bass wood spars so that the ....."

I got 4 3/16 by 3/16 spars, but they are obviously balsa, not bass wood. Don't know if they should be or if that is a mistake in the directions. Don't want to put in balsa if it's supposed to be bass wood.

TIA for any help.
Bass wood was overkill, we changed to balsa to save weight.

James (Stuck at SEFF)
May 03, 2009, 08:53 PM
OOPS
jkarpy good to see you again.bipe was smokin!! looks way smooth in the wind today..i was watchin..
May 03, 2009, 08:58 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Bipe should have won best new product. Oh well. You had the hounds votes
May 03, 2009, 09:15 PM
It's gone...
Pictures?
May 03, 2009, 09:34 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
The bipe SSX friggin rocks! It flies like a champ..

Thanks for the stick time, James..
May 03, 2009, 10:38 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Thanks and sorry for the exploding micro jet. That was fun to watch. I know you will have it bigger, better and faster soon! The Bipe is very sweet and was up against some stiff competition. It is one fine machine though. Watched it fly, and will likely fly one for myself soon.

Diggs
May 04, 2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks, Hey, any video of that bipe, sounds GREAT
May 04, 2009, 03:31 PM
Thread OP

SSX Bipe

It was great seeing all of you again.

James
May 04, 2009, 04:46 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
It was good to see you and Karen as well, James.
You did a great job on the Bipe and it looks good in the air. I like the pull-pull set up on the rudder.
I hope the sons made it in OK.
I wish we could have shared a little stick time on each others planes but maybe we can soon.

Dalton
May 04, 2009, 05:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign
It was good to see you and Karen as well, James.
You did a great job on the Bipe and it looks good in the air. I like the pull-pull set up on the rudder.
I hope the sons made it in OK.
I wish we could have shared a little stick time on each others planes but maybe we can soon.

Dalton
I am thinking about going to the September fly-in just to fly. Maybe I will see you there.

James

Quick Reply