Dec 21, 2007, 06:29 PM
East Coast Slacker
Yellow for me!!!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2007, 08:56 PM
Thread OP

Production X-Gear are available.

Today we received our first batch of production X-Gear. They are perfect. If you have been waiting, your order has been shipped.

Thank you for being patient.

James Karpy

CEO Millennium R/C
Dec 26, 2007, 06:04 PM
Hi James,

I have a dumb question. When I go to your Web site the pages come up all messed up with text over-laying text and photos, etc.

I have tried two different browsers with no difference (MS Explorer 7 and FireFox 2). Is it a monitor resolution thing?

I have attached a screen print example.

Thanks,

R/E
Last edited by rud-elev; Dec 26, 2007 at 06:11 PM.
Dec 26, 2007, 06:35 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Quote:
Originally Posted by rud-elev
Hi James,

I have a dumb question. When I go to your Web site the pages come up all messed up with text over-laying text and photos, etc.

I have tried two different browsers with no difference (MS Explorer 7 and FireFox 2). Is it a monitor resolution thing?

I have attached a screen print example.

Thanks,

R/E
If you are using Internet Explorer;
go to the "Tools" menu, "internet options"
click on "accessibility" (bottom right)
then UNcheck all 3 "ignore..."
Last edited by galaxiex; Dec 26, 2007 at 06:43 PM.
Dec 27, 2007, 10:01 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex
If you are using Internet Explorer;
go to the "Tools" menu, "internet options"
click on "accessibility" (bottom right)
then UNcheck all 3 "ignore..."
I have been able to recreate the problem using the accessibility options also.

If you are using a font size other than the default that can also cause the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I will see if this problem can be corrected.

James
Dec 27, 2007, 11:39 AM
I will just post on this the final time to not disturb this thread any more.

With FireFox - I went to a smaller Text Size (two clicks below normal size) and it is much better as far as the formatting, but it is quite small text to read.

In Explorer 7 I have moved the Text Size to "smallest" and none of the Accessibility Format Ignore Options were or are checked. It is better, but still not correctly formated. As an example - on the Slow Stick X page, near the bottom, it says " Available Soon new X-Gear" In the narrative that follows there is a "hard return" between "slow stick" and "fuselage" which causes the text to not reflow correctly. Try looking at it in Explorer 7 with Text set to smallest.

One observation - in some of your text you apparently have used a "hard" return where you thought you wanted text to end "on your screen." This results in the text not totally reflowing, if someone needs it resized for their text size or monitor resolution. This is probably the cause of the text over-lay.

I only mentioned it here as I went to look at your new landing gear and the page was really messed up. I have had no other Web site do this and I go to hundreds of other hobby related sites with FireFox and Text size set at Normal or Explorer 7 with Text at Normal. Please see the attachment.

R/E
Dec 27, 2007, 12:14 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I will just post on this the final time to not disturb this thread any more.

With FireFox - I went to a smaller Text Size (two clicks below normal size) and it is much better as far as the formatting, but it is quite small text to read.

In Explorer 7 I have moved the Text Size to "smallest" and none of the Accessibility Format Ignore Options were or are checked. It is better, but still not correctly formated. As an example - on the Slow Stick X page, near the bottom, it says " Available Soon new X-Gear" In the narrative that follows there is a "hard return" between "slow stick" and "fuselage" which causes the text to not reflow correctly. Try looking at it in Explorer 7 with Text set to smallest.

One observation - in some of your text you apparently have used a "hard" return where you thought you wanted text to end "on your screen." This results in the text not totally reflowing, if someone needs it resized for their text size or monitor resolution. This is probably the cause of the text over-lay.

I only mentioned it here as I went to look at your new landing gear and the page was really messed up. I have had no other Web site do this and I go to hundreds of other hobby related sites with FireFox and Text size set at Normal or Explorer 7 with Text at Normal. Please see the attachment.

R/E
I have been trying to salve this problem for some time now. I have 2 computers other than the one we developed the web page on. Both have Fire fox, Netscape and IE. We saw the same problem 2 months back. We fixed it by running a bug fix from Coffee Cup. Now all browsers on both computers display my page correctly, this is the first time anyone has contacted us in 2 months with the same problem. I will look into the hard return in my paragraphs. Thanks for pointing that out.

In the mean time I will post a product info sheet for the new X-Gear soon. If you would like to order anything, please call us.

407-208-9745

James
Dec 27, 2007, 01:09 PM
Thread OP

X-Gear Press release

Production X-Gear is now shipping. We have plenty in stock. Colors are coming.
Dec 27, 2007, 01:22 PM
Account closed
James,

Hi there! Hope your holidays have been great and profitable....

Can I post a Video link I took using my new Oregon Scientific ATC-1000 Video camcorder here that flew on my Slow Stick-X?

Carlos
Dec 27, 2007, 06:12 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
James,

Hi there! Hope your holidays have been great and profitable....

Can I post a Video link I took using my new Oregon Scientific ATC-1000 Video camcorder here that flew on my Slow Stick-X?

Carlos
Absolutely, thanks!

Hay Carlos, did you see the new X-Gear yet?
Dec 27, 2007, 07:01 PM
Account closed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy
Absolutely, thanks!

Hay Carlos, did you see the new X-Gear yet?
James,

Yes, David and Brian from Bob's Hobby Center Showed me the Demostration model and it is SUPER LIGHT! I like that one much better than the earlier version! GREAT JOB!!!

Okay, here's the Video from YouTube of the Flight of my SLOW STICK-X with the Oregon Scientific ATC-1000 Video Camcorder! I need to devise a way to mount the Video camcorder so, it will not be looking at the Propeller Wake!

I attended a nice all morning RC Flying at the Legacy Middle School and the only other one there was Brian from Bob's Hobby Center.

We both had a super time and I brought out my SLOW STICK-X that is powered by the ASTRO FLIGHT 010, 14-Turn in the GWS EPS-300C gearbox (3.75:1 ratio) , swinging the large E-Flite 12 X 6 propeller and using just the 3-Cell, Pro-Lite, TP-1320mAH, 15C, Li-POLYs.

I placed my new Oregon SCientific ATC-1000 Video Camcorder (the same one that Toby bought earlier this year) and recorded some neat Video footage of the SLOW STICK-X flying low and almost above the School's Track!

Can you guys imagine that rather small Astro Flight Brushless motor capable of flying this large 46 inch wing span model and carrying the almost 5oz. camcorder!!! Now that's a Mighty ASTRO!!!

I left Brian alone at 11:35am as my telephone was ringing off the belt mount!

Here's the Video: (and Still Pictures that I took with Video/Camera!)
Slow Stick-X and Oregon Scientific ATC-1000 Video Camcorder (3 min 31 sec)
Last edited by guapoman2000; Dec 27, 2007 at 08:26 PM.
Dec 28, 2007, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy
In the mean time I will post a product info sheet for the new X-Gear soon. If you would like to order anything, please call us.

407-208-9745

James
James,

I ordered a couple of the X-Gear in black last night on-line. Looking forward to using them on a couple of modified SS that I fly.

Thanks,

R/E
Dec 28, 2007, 10:28 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
James,

I ordered a couple of the X-Gear in black last night on-line. Looking forward to using them on a couple of modified SS that I fly.

Thanks,

R/E
Thanks for the order! They will go out today.
Dec 28, 2007, 10:39 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Got the two I ordered a few days ago. Got here fast!!! Thanks James. I must say they are very lite! I hope to get them onto a SSX and my Night flying SS this long weekend.

Thanks again man, they look great. I think I like them better than the original version of the X-Gear.

Diggs
Dec 30, 2007, 09:39 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
Got the two I ordered a few days ago. Got here fast!!! Thanks James. I must say they are very lite! I hope to get them onto a SSX and my Night flying SS this long weekend.

Thanks again man, they look great. I think I like them better than the original version of the X-Gear.

Diggs
You and everyone who received the first batch of plastic will get the new plastic. It has already shipped.

Quick Reply