Mar 05, 2007, 09:52 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgehound
Hey!!!! you didn't score a kit for the old original stock Slow Stick master???? Whaddup wid dat??? Might have to get one of those. Looks like a great night flyer! Hmmm...night combat???
jkarpy..will you have some kits at SEFF???
no night combat with this one dood!
I am considering putting glowire inside the wing on this before I cover it. If I can figure out how to connect and disconnect the wire, I will.... It'll be fantabulous.....

Oh yeah, as far as the scoring one for the SS master....ahem....who exactly is StickKiller?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2007, 10:05 PM
Can this wing be easily built to accommodate two servos for the ailerons for flaperons ? Anyone try this ?

Bob
Mar 05, 2007, 10:11 PM
Hodgehound # 3
I was thinking of trying that when I get to building mine.... I'd like to know also
Mar 05, 2007, 10:16 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
I am considering putting glowire inside the wing on this before I cover it. If I can figure out how to connect and disconnect the wire, I will.... It'll be fantabulous.....

Oh yeah, as far as the scoring one for the SS master....ahem....who exactly is StickKiller?
There is plenty of room in the middle of the wing for your lipo and glowire driver. I use standard servo wires to connect to the fuselage lights. Jus reverse male vs female so you don’t hook your light system into your receiver by accident.
Mar 05, 2007, 10:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayward
Can this wing be easily built to accommodate two servos for the ailerons for flaperons ? Anyone try this ?

Bob
The servo Deck is designed to hold one or two servos mounted side by side.
Mar 05, 2007, 10:18 PM
I cant wait for a arf of this. I will snatch it up SO quick.
Mar 05, 2007, 10:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

Bob
The servo Deck is designed to hold one or two servos mounted side by side.
Mar 05, 2007, 10:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatboxer
I cant wait for a arf of this. I will snatch it up SO quick.
I can't wait to sell you one. I spent the better part of today building the wing jig. ARFs are comming!
Mar 06, 2007, 06:27 AM
The X wing is about six inches shorter in span than the oem SS wing, correct ? How does this affect flight ? Faster, more maneuverable or what? Note that I am a novice RC pilot that is learning with a SS.

What is the weight compared to a stock SS ? What motor do you recommend with the X wing setup ?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am going to order your wing and just want to know what else to get and what to expect.

Bob
Mar 06, 2007, 10:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
The X wing is about six inches shorter in span than the oem SS wing, correct ? How does this affect flight ? Faster, more maneuverable or what? Note that I am a novice RC pilot that is learning with a SS.

What is the weight compared to a stock SS ? What motor do you recommend with the X wing setup ?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am going to order your wing and just want to know what else to get and what to expect.

Bob
I think you will find that the SSX is an excellent second plane. I added some details at the top of this thread. I hope it helps.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...05&postcount=1
Mar 06, 2007, 05:32 PM
End of an Era.....
Quote:

Uh...that would be me DOOD!!!!!!!
Mar 06, 2007, 09:50 PM
Hodgehound # 3
exactly....I don't want you killing my SSX
Mar 07, 2007, 07:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
exactly....I don't want you killing my SSX
Ok for me if he kills it! I can sell you a new one.
Mar 07, 2007, 03:24 PM
End of an Era.....
LOL....I only kill Tiger Sticks!!!! I've got the oldest slo stick in SW Ga.!!! lol Looks like I'm gonna have to retire it and morph it into a SSX after SEFF though. jkarpy...hang onto one for me! Kit will be fine...have never actually built a wing before. The SSX looks like a good start!!! JStone...you ever seen me kill anybody elses plane????? Do I look like Jay Lee?????
Mar 07, 2007, 04:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgehound
LOL....I only kill Tiger Sticks!!!! I've got the oldest slo stick in SW Ga.!!! lol Looks like I'm gonna have to retire it and morph it into a SSX after SEFF though. jkarpy...hang onto one for me! Kit will be fine...have never actually built a wing before. The SSX looks like a good start!!! JStone...you ever seen me kill anybody elses plane????? Do I look like Jay Lee?????
I am taking plenty of flyable “Demo Planes” with me to SEFF. Make sure you stop by and try one. I will have kits and ARF planes with me as well.

Quick Reply