Jan 11, 2020, 11:21 PM
Thread OP
I can relate.

To the Getting old part! LOL
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2020, 09:40 AM
Right Rudder

Almost 10 Long Years and my Slow Stick-X is back in action!

My Lord, it has been almost 10 long years and my Slow Stick-X using GWS Slow Stick Parts has survived!

I recently flew it about a week ago (during the weekend) at my RC Club using a HIMAX Inrunner Brushless with the HIMAX gearbox. The issue was I could not keep the propeller on the output gearbox shaft. Perhaps I needed one more additional washer and use sand paper on that Spur Gear Output shaft, nonetheless, I went back to basics as I wanted a power system that gave it respectable airspeed but, with LONG Flight Times.

Therefore, I came to a complete circle of sorts and found my original ASTRO FLIGHT mightly mirco 010 14-turn inrunner brushless and found a GWS EPS-300/350 gearbox and installed the GWS "B" Spur gear which makes 4.43:1 reduction.

Placed a GWS Slow Flyer (Orange Propeller) EP9070 which is a 9 X 7 propeller.

Performed numerous repairs on the wing and from a previous crash that occurred over 10 years ago and recorded right here somewhere under the Handle "Guapoman2000."

Okay, today it flew super early morning over at my RC Club and what a delight! It satisfied all requirements to the T. Very good airspeed and just an awesome almost 9 minutes and the Thunder Power 3-Cell, 1350mAH, 25C still had 11.98 Volts after the flight from a fully charged 12.5Volts state.

I believe that I could have flown for an additional 5 minutes with mix throttle and would have reached around 11.6 Volts from the Battery pack. Next time I will gradually increase flight times, land and measure then, repeat after fully charge and fly a little longer etc... etc...

A few Pictures....
Jul 03, 2020, 09:27 PM
Thread OP
I can't believe that is still flying!

And now I am all misty eyed and nostalgic.
Jul 03, 2020, 09:28 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for keeping the dream alive!
Jul 04, 2020, 10:26 AM
Right Rudder
James,

Do you still have any Translucent Yellow Covering left?

Would like to re-cover the wing with a fresh batch of covering, instead of looking all patched up.

Thanks in advanced.

Carlos
Jul 04, 2020, 10:29 AM
Right Rudder

RCUNIVERSE Posts

James,

I have documented all my adventures with my SLOW STICK-X over at RCUNIVERSE as well.
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/12615317-post12.html

Here's my power system Watt / AMPs / Volts measurement:
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/12615359-post13.html
Jul 06, 2020, 07:17 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
James,

Do you still have any Translucent Yellow Covering left?

Would like to re-cover the wing with a fresh batch of covering, instead of looking all patched up.

Thanks in advanced.

Carlos
I will take a look at what I have.
Jul 06, 2020, 07:38 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy
I will take a look at what I have.
Thanks, James!

No rush!

I will continue to fly the Snot of it the way it is for now.

Quick Reply