SLOW-STICK X Build - Page 174 - RC Groups
Dec 25, 2017, 04:01 PM
soap
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2018, 03:41 PM

Impatiently waiting for flying weather!

Here's my recently completed SSX. It's my second built-up balsa aircraft, and was a joy to build. I know I'm not terribly creative with my color scheme but I wanted to keep true to it's namesake after many happy hours on the ol' floppy GWS stick.

I know the photos aren't great, it was really cold and cloudy and I didn't feel like fiddling with my camera - perhaps my stained and varnished plywood tail mount will make up for that.
Feb 02, 2018, 04:59 PM
Looking good! Yea, some nice weather would be super.

L.
Feb 03, 2018, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingCheese
Here's my recently completed SSX. It's my second built-up balsa aircraft, and was a joy to build. I know I'm not terribly creative with my color scheme but I wanted to keep true to it's namesake after many happy hours on the ol' floppy GWS stick.

I know the photos aren't great, it was really cold and cloudy and I didn't feel like fiddling with my camera - perhaps my stained and varnished plywood tail mount will make up for that.
Very nice! Good to see a new post.

Thanks,

James
Mar 11, 2018, 08:43 PM
Stik Flyer
I know this is an old thread but I hope someone can help out with something. I recently acquired on of these fine aircraft from a fellow club member. I am getting it RD for its maiden and would like to make sure I have the control surface
throws correct. Problem is I can’t seem to locate them online. Can someone please let me know what they should be. Thx in Advance...
Mar 11, 2018, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Perky
I know this is an old thread but I hope someone can help out with something. I recently acquired on of these fine aircraft from a fellow club member. I am getting it RD for its maiden and would like to make sure I have the control surface
throws correct. Problem is I canít seem to locate them online. Can someone please let me know what they should be. Thx in Advance...
Documentation is on the first page of this thread.

James
Mar 11, 2018, 11:42 PM
Stik Flyer
Thanks James, found the instructions with the throws in the build .pdf just like you said. When I glazed over the build post, I didn’t follow the links. My bad...

Quick Reply