Jun 23, 2016, 04:30 PM

Why not join wings before covering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Flyer
There is a 3/16"x3/16" square stock that sets in front of that crutch. It is the leading edge.

L.
Thank you - I found the color instruction on p107, which makes a lot more sense than the b&w included with the kit; thank!

Another question - instructions explicitly state to NOT join the wings together before covering. I can see why so if building the dihedral trainer, but when building the straight wing, is it ok to join the wings, and then cover? Seems it'd be easier (more effeicient?) to apply covering to both wings at once ... or am I missing something key?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2016, 05:25 PM
I can't answer that, I have built 4 wings, and have always just done it how James suggested.

L.
Mar 14, 2017, 02:37 PM
James,

Going to SEFF this year?

L.
Mar 15, 2017, 07:30 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Flyer
James,

Going to SEFF this year?

L.
I had planed to, but as you know, men may make their plans, but wives usually have something else in mind.

Karen hase me remodeling the entire house. Until she has a new kitchen, I am not going anywhere. I could do a build thread for my house.

Hope you guys have fun. let everyone know, I am still in business. Just had some set backs the last few years. In a few months I will have my new shop built on my own property and will be back to putting out new products.

Thanks for thinking of me,

James
Mar 15, 2017, 09:07 AM
Will be looking for your new stuff.

L.
Jul 28, 2017, 09:40 PM
I just happened upon this thread and have ordered my kit. Can't wait to start building hope I didn't miss all the fun
Aug 02, 2017, 08:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mack1984
I just happened upon this thread and have ordered my kit. Can't wait to start building hope I didn't miss all the fun
We are still here, enjoy your build. Yours may be the one I am cutting now.

James
Aug 05, 2017, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy
We are still here, enjoy your build. Yours may be the one I am cutting now.

James
Starting it today day
Aug 05, 2017, 01:26 PM
Step-2: Glue SC2-A to wing rib W2. Pay attention to orientation. The circle in SC2-A should be close to W2 and near the bottom. Use SC2-B if you are building the trainer. Remember the apposing wing half is a mirrored version. SC2-A/B should be square to W2

There is no circle for orientation on sc2-b. Does the narrower side go up?
Aug 06, 2017, 07:18 AM
I am still flying mine since 2012 and love it. Any wind condition it is a great flyer. When you get up close you can see the tiny dings and things. But it is my regular flyer.

I will buy another one, for my winter home in Florida, this October. Here is a picture from a few weeks ago:
Aug 06, 2017, 01:47 PM

Gap in the wing

There appears to be a gap on the trailing edge I have not glued everything on the left side but the right side is done I'm stopping till I find out if I need to make and adgustments. Kinda a novice builder here any tips are welcome
Aug 06, 2017, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pherz
I am still flying mine since 2012 and love it. Any wind condition it is a great flyer. When you get up close you can see the tiny dings and things. But it is my regular flyer.

I will buy another one, for my winter home in Florida, this October. Here is a picture from a few weeks ago:
That's great to hear when I was a kid I started with a BLT and a slow stick so finding this type of model still available was awesome I plan on building a few of these while they are avalible. This one I am building as the trainer, so I also plan on building the ssx wing also.
Aug 06, 2017, 07:32 PM
I must say these are really great flying planes
Aug 06, 2017, 07:41 PM
I second that!

L.
Dec 24, 2017, 09:33 PM
First time builder ... Having a hard time sliding the x-fuse parts on the main shaft, ideas?

Quick Reply