Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 23, 2016, 04:30 PM

Why not join wings before covering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Flyer
There is a 3/16"x3/16" square stock that sets in front of that crutch. It is the leading edge.

L.
Thank you - I found the color instruction on p107, which makes a lot more sense than the b&w included with the kit; thank!

Another question - instructions explicitly state to NOT join the wings together before covering. I can see why so if building the dihedral trainer, but when building the straight wing, is it ok to join the wings, and then cover? Seems it'd be easier (more effeicient?) to apply covering to both wings at once ... or am I missing something key?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2016, 05:25 PM
I can't answer that, I have built 4 wings, and have always just done it how James suggested.

L.
Mar 14, 2017, 02:37 PM
James,

Going to SEFF this year?

L.
Mar 15, 2017, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Flyer
James,

Going to SEFF this year?

L.
I had planed to, but as you know, men may make their plans, but wives usually have something else in mind.

Karen hase me remodeling the entire house. Until she has a new kitchen, I am not going anywhere. I could do a build thread for my house.

Hope you guys have fun. let everyone know, I am still in business. Just had some set backs the last few years. In a few months I will have my new shop built on my own property and will be back to putting out new products.

Thanks for thinking of me,

James
Mar 15, 2017, 09:07 AM
Will be looking for your new stuff.

L.