Feb 21, 2007, 06:55 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Check out my new Aceheli canopy. It does not fit! Wanna buy? :)

Man, I can't believe this. I got the new canopy from Acehelis for my Dragonus. I was told the Trex 450 canopy could be modified to fit. UMMMMM no! This sucks. It came out unbelievable. I simply cannot believe the work this guy does. I customized the scheme and he did it to a T. I have no choice but to sell it or see if he can take it back and sell it at a funfly. Either way I am out shipping.

Check this puppy out!
Last edited by ucsdgemini; Feb 21, 2007 at 07:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2007, 07:40 PM
Options:

1. I buy it off you and put it on a SkyShark

2. You buy a SkyShark

How much you want for it?

Regards,
Scott
Feb 21, 2007, 07:45 PM
Thread OP
Scott you got email!
Feb 22, 2007, 07:54 AM
JKY
JKY
Wow lovely paint scheme on that. Shame it does not fit.

I have both versions of the Trex FG canopy and a FG ARK raptor canopy and none will fit my Dragonus.
Although the Drag is a 450 size, the canopy is MUCH bigger. Someone is going to have to come up with an available custom one.
Feb 22, 2007, 09:01 AM
Thread OP
JKY I wish I had spoken to you first. It is such a shame. The canopy looks so damn good I can't even get over it. I am in mourning. Hopefully Scott can put it on a SkyShark as I think the colors would look great on that heli. Maybe I should just buy a new heli . BUT, too busy right now.
Feb 22, 2007, 09:37 AM
sold

Scott
Feb 22, 2007, 10:00 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Scott. Can't wait to see the design on the SkyShark. It may make me buy one! LOL.
Feb 22, 2007, 12:28 PM
I should be getting my dragonus body today and then its going right to ace. I cant think of any designs I want yet, I may just pick some colors and tell him to go nutz.
Feb 22, 2007, 12:51 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonus doogie
I should be getting my dragonus body today and then its going right to ace. I cant think of any designs I want yet, I may just pick some colors and tell him to go nutz.
I am sending mine to him today. He claims he can fix the cracks in the gelcoat and all. I also want him to strengthen it. This glass canopy is the only weakness of the Dragonus so far for me. I like the looks of it though and need to figure out something aggressive for it as it does look too docile in terms of styling. The SA canopy is more aggressive.
Feb 22, 2007, 12:51 PM
Only electrons, Martha
FWIW, there is a "universal" canopy out there from Canomod that will work on the Dragonus... I've seen pictures

Unfortunately I think the only place you can buy it currently is from HeliHobby.
Feb 22, 2007, 02:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellDude
FWIW, there is a "universal" canopy out there from Canomod that will work on the Dragonus... I've seen pictures

Unfortunately I think the only place you can buy it currently is from HeliHobby.
Thanks Shell. Do you know which one by chance or have a pic or link to the pictures you have seen?
Feb 22, 2007, 03:17 PM
JKY
JKY
I cannot see a 'universal' canomod canopy anywhere - even helihobby. One that is universal for a trex/ark or any other 400/450 machine will not fit a Dragonus.
Feb 22, 2007, 05:36 PM
Only electrons, Martha
I'll dig up the RCUniverse thread I got this information from once I'm home tonight.
Feb 22, 2007, 07:56 PM
Only electrons, Martha
Here's the thread where I learned about the "universal" canopy. You'll see the OP provides a picture as proof of its existance.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_52...tm.htm#5254777
Feb 22, 2007, 08:01 PM
Thread OP
According to Terry at HoverHobbies RCer is going to release a new glass canopy. He said he has a few of the old ones but will not sell them as they have cracks and are simply a waste of money. They literally feel 1/4 the strength and thickness of the Align. I wonder if it is because it was so damn big and they wanted to reduce the weight.

Well saw the link and those 400 Canomod canopies must fit. I will email Canomod as well and check. Thanks Shell!
Last edited by ucsdgemini; Feb 22, 2007 at 08:07 PM.

Quick Reply