Oct 02, 2002, 09:32 PM
Thread OP

New guy here. I come offering videos..

hehe, what's up guys & girls? I recently stumbled upon this site while looking for info on a GWS Zero that I just ordered. Talk about a lot of information!

I can see I'll be spending some time here.

I've been flying 4 channel nitro planes for like 8 years, and I just recently bought a Raptor 30 helicopter. I've been having some fun with that..

I can't wait till my Zero comes in. I've been wanting a park flyer for a while, and when I saw my favorite jap WWII plane, I had to get it..

My website has a few pics and vids I made, including aerial video from my Raptor 30.

Let me know what you think!

Jeff

http://www.cousinlarry.com
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2002, 10:01 AM
Your pics and videos are awesome! I especially like the video of your helicopter shooting missiles!!! I recently got into the world of helicopters with an Ikarus Piccolo. Maybe someday I'll get good enough to mount my stripped down mini-pencam 1.3 onboard!
Oct 03, 2002, 12:51 PM

Missiles!

Yeah, that video with the missiles is way cool. Did you ignite those remotely? How? I'd like to be able to do the same and do some strafing runs with a plane.
Oct 03, 2002, 12:54 PM
Thread OP

Re: Missiles!

Quote:
Originally posted by dbx824
Yeah, that video with the missiles is way cool. Did you ignite those remotely? How? I'd like to be able to do the same and do some strafing runs with a plane.
I used a highly technical, very advanced lighting and mounting system...

I used electrical tape to tape it (roman candle) to the skid, and I lit it with a cigarette lighter on the ground.. Then I powered up, took off, and let the good times roll!

haha

And it lit a small section of my lawn on fire.

If I did it again, I'd angle the candle up a bit more. The down wash from the rotor made the shots go downwards.
Oct 03, 2002, 01:50 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
Thanks for the contribution to our addiction!

Cool stuff!

I bet if you removed the fuse you could use a model rocket ignitor to shot them. They only require 6volts to trigger.

If there was some way to bypass the esc for a split second it would go.

"Divert all power to the Weapons Mr. Sulu!"

please no AMA flamers, I know already.

kirby
Oct 03, 2002, 03:35 PM
BTW, welcome to RCGroups! With a missile firing RC helicopter, I can already tell that you will be a huge asset to the forums! Nice videos and nice work.

,Lewis
Oct 04, 2002, 09:24 AM
That video is awesome!!!!!!!
Reminds me of things I need to do.

John-

Ps.Welcome to the Ezone!
Oct 04, 2002, 01:09 PM
Thread OP
Haha... Thanks guys.

I'm finding lots of useful info on this site. I'm sure I'll be sticking around!

Keep checking back on the site as I'm adding new content often.

Thanks!

Quick Reply