to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2007, 02:37 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
Need more information about who is thsoe great pilots?

Pls give links..
Sounds like a "no" to me.
Feb 19, 2007, 02:47 PM
MN WATTS Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Steve,

Let's just say that my LHS is on the GWS distributor list, and I have VERY strong pull with the owner (at one point he had 75 Slow Stick kits of various colors in stock!). He may not get them as fast as say Epyaya, Tower or ALLeRC, but shortly thereafter.

Pat

Well if he gets them from GWS then he'll get them before tower. Tower Hobbies is Great Plains retail front.

Sounds like you have a good shop with a large customer base there. My town is nowhere near the size of the Phoenix area so the customer pool is a bit lower

No worries for me though. I'll get it soon enough.

Steve
Feb 19, 2007, 02:58 PM
Confused? Who, me?
Quote:
Steve,

Let's just say that my LHS is on the GWS distributor list, and I have VERY strong pull with the owner ...........................

Mmmmm! Really?

Care to tell us more?

ROTFLMAO
Feb 19, 2007, 03:20 PM
Foam abuser!
Steve, I think he gets them directly from GWS USA after the boat delivers to them.

Roger, very simple. I'm the President of my club. They are our "sponser" LHS if you will. Nothing official, but that is the place we send members to above other LHS'.

You would be surprised at the number of LHS' in the Phoenix Valley. I live on the extreme east side of town (Mesa/Gilbert). Within a 10 mile radius of my house are no less than 6 hobby shops and 5 "official" flying fields. And I still find myself ordering from the internet quite often . But in my defense, that is usually from ALLeRC, BMKDesigns and BlueSkyRC, which are all local vendors.

Life is good

Pat
Feb 19, 2007, 03:37 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Darn! If Arizona weren't a... Desert... I'd be having plans to move there.

-Chris
Feb 19, 2007, 03:52 PM
Foam abuser!
Chris,

Beats the torrential rain you guys get every year!

Pat
Feb 19, 2007, 11:24 PM
MN WATTS Master
Pat,

The thing you and the stores have going for you are the 6 offical flying fields! The closest one to me is about 25 miles away in the middle of nowhere and it now has a couple new pig barns right at the end of the short runway.

The nice "local" field is about 50 miles away. Not overly far but far enough to make a quick evening flight there difficult. We have some nice large parks and soccer fields that we fly smaller stuff at.

But anyway, I'll take our all over the place weather over torrentail rains or insane high temp summers the two of ya got.

Steve
Feb 20, 2007, 12:40 AM
Foam abuser!
Steve,

And better yet, two of these fields are dedicated electric only fields (both of which are in city parks, thanks AMA!). And once the club I belong to gets a dedicated field (we are working hard on it), it will make 3 electric only fields.

Oh, and give me 120* anyday over the cold and snow.

Pat
Feb 20, 2007, 01:21 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Sorry to inform you that FW190 did not catch the last shipping before Chinese New Year Vocation to GWS USA.

We only able to ship a few hundereds NPS kit to Taiwan HQ. Due to the new vender who make foam pcs for us made some mistake, the foam quality was too soft, we have to reject and correct the production process.

We have to keep making after Chinese New Year vocation. ( from Feb. 17~25th )

However, there some of the GWS China production staffs and workers with me start to get back on working since today!

We will run the Early Birds and also EMS samples to magazines' editors.
Feb 20, 2007, 01:27 AM
I like the Graf scheme Pat. I don't think its too terribly overdone, since it involves work. The only ARF that had it was the Jamara.
It will be my next 190 scheme.

Best Crack of the Week :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
Yeah that orange prop ought to scare the hell out of any allied fighter pilot around
Bill
Feb 20, 2007, 11:05 AM
Glad t hear that GWS is taking the "John West" approach!!LOL.
Feb 20, 2007, 11:32 AM
Seeing the Farside.
Quote:
Chris,

Beats the torrential rain you guys get every year!

Pat
Lol Pat , Maybe I LIKE rain... ever think of THAT?

Well anyway, I'm lookin forward to the new 190 to appear at Tower, EPyaya, or BPHobbies.

-Chris
Feb 20, 2007, 11:39 AM
Foam abuser!
Chris,

YOU may like the rain, but I'm sure your planes and electronics DON'T!

Pat
Feb 20, 2007, 11:42 AM
Foam abuser!
There are two things I like about Mr Lin's post above:

1 - First and foremost, the fact that they will not stand for sub-quality parts, and sent back the "soft" foam instead of putting it on the market.

2 - The fact that Mr Lin and some of his staff are willing (at least I hope it's willing and not forced) to work during the New Year holidays to get us this new kit.

Mr Lin, I continue to be impressed with you and your company. Keep up the good work!

Pat

Quick Reply