Jan 15, 2017, 08:58 PM
check for reversed controls
Started my barbarosa campaign eaztern front scheme. It's looking a little rough but its -30 here in Stalingrad and the ground crew has been drinking warmed up vodka to try and stay warm. Coldest Russian wi nter in 100 years and that crack head Furher wants Moscow by spring. Jeez
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2017, 09:05 PM
duplicate post
Last edited by alpea 41; Jan 15, 2017 at 09:24 PM.
Jan 16, 2017, 06:07 PM

I Watch Too Much History Channel

W T H every 5th or 6th program is about aircraft and I will always watch reruns of those shows. And I hope nobody takes offence to me Reenacting the history I know about WWll war birds. I know that as of yet ( besides in the scale model department ) there are not too many groups that reenact that war. And I know that for some older people and some EUROPEANS and AMERICANS WITH BIG RED STARS ON THEIR HOMES, THAT CONFLICT still has left scars .But us ,modeling these war machines we are hooked on it Anyway being from lucky America as I am I had to put the Eagles head on my cowl. I know that thru maintenance and repaints a complete Eagle on a cowl was a rare sight. But mine will have one. Why ? Because I'm a fool for anything thats named Eagle , Falcon, Sky Hawk , Black Bird , etc. LOL
U guys know ,,,,

Why am I a lucky American, cuz when the horrible guys that were the Nazi leaders started their crap the Jewish Scientists that helped develop the A bomb came here.lol
Lets face it if Hitler had cooled his heels for 3 years and got the bomb first. The world would be a completely different place.
Last edited by alpea 41; Jan 16, 2017 at 06:22 PM.
Jan 16, 2017, 06:24 PM
Im gonna have to alter that beak it looks more like a Hummingbird. Every time I go into a Home Depot store I cruise by the returned paint counter in search of war bird colors in latex paint. A whole quart of Bear premium paint and primer in a light grey military aircraft color for $2. is a good score. thats what I'm gonna shoot on my 190 next.
Last edited by alpea 41; Jan 16, 2017 at 06:45 PM.
Jan 16, 2017, 09:14 PM
Ahh now thats starting to look the part. I was surprised the decal sheet doesn't have a swastika for the fin. I took that one from a 262 sheet. And the Eagles beaK looks way better. Can you imagine the terror a Hungarian Air Force pilot would have experienced flying a WWl biplane with a single machine gun . When he would spot this butcher bird coming at him at 350 knotts . It would have been early Sept. 1939 and that campaign only lasted a month,

I guess its decal time. Then retracts ehhh?
Jan 16, 2017, 09:58 PM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis
yeah she's looking more the part now bud, and I recon they were just as surprised as the spit and stang pilots when the swallow went screaming past later in the war
Jan 16, 2017, 10:57 PM
Yep kinda like its war, no sense in being equal about it.
Jan 17, 2017, 03:04 AM
Origins of the swastika is very different to what it became.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

I remember being surprised at the lack of a swastika but I guess it was not worth them risking upsetting anyone and not being able to sell in some countries...
Latest blog entry: Eachine E160 3d helicopter
Jan 17, 2017, 11:25 AM
Wow over 350 kills. Nobody can match that record
Erich Hartmann: Everything You Need To Know (7 min 53 sec)
Jan 17, 2017, 12:17 PM
Ok so it was a BF 109 he flew and all but 7 kills were against the Russians but still , he survived 14 crashes and had a maverick kind of disregard for rules and procedures.
Jan 17, 2017, 08:17 PM
Well I got my 300 w . On a 1000ma 4s 70 c li po. And yes the motor gets hot at W.O.T. But other than
a little longer verticle climb I wouldn't say it was any faster I gotta believe that's due to the big hole in the front of cowl So next up a spinner,

The A U W went to 706 gr. I was flying on a dead end street in my town and a sherriff pulled up and asked if I was 5 mi from the airport. I dont know I replied so he checked on his phone and that location is 5.2 mi. from the airport so he let me go. as long as there is no complaints.
It sure looked cooler flying by all decked out in paint and decals.

Quick Reply