Feb 14, 2007, 10:34 PM
Admin Deluxe
Thread OP
New Product

Futaba announces 2.4GHz for Aircraft with superior full-range technology!

PRESS RELEASE
February 10, 2007

Futaba announces 2.4GHz for Aircraft with superior full-range technology!

6EX 2.4GHz FASST™ Radio System
Futaba Advanced Spread Spectrum Technology

It’s here...and it’s everything modelers want in a full-range 2.4GHz system!

Futaba has been using Spread Spectrum technology for nearly 15 years in industrial R/C applications, so they have the dedicated engineering staff with 2.4GHz expertise. Unlike other manufacturers who started offering 2.4GHz for hobby R/C models using off-the-shelf IC chips, Futaba invested in extra research and development - resulting in a system that uses a custom IC chip that’s ideally suited for the unique demands of R/C modeling. When you discover all the advantages of Futaba’s 2.4GHz FASST system, you’ll see that it was worth the wait!

The 2.4GHz FASST system: offering the highest levels of performance, convenience and “peace of mind” for airplane AND heli flyers! Convenient, Worry-Free Operation - Now you can enjoy the convenience of 2.4GHz operation with the quality and reliability of Futaba! No more worry about someone accidentally turning on another system on your frequency.

You can fly anywhere - flying field, neighborhood park, schoolyard - without concern for conflict with another nearby radio system. And at the flying field there’s no more waiting for your frequency clip to become available… just turn it on and fly!

Compact, “all-in-one” R606FS receiver - The small, but powerful one-piece R606FS can easily control giant-scale models, but is small enough (just 7 grams without case!) for park flyers. The competition’s full-range system includes a bigger, two-piece receiver. A smaller receiver must be purchased separately for park flyers.

Higher sensitivity - which enables you to stay in complete control of your model, even at greater distances. It also offers greater signal selectivity, which prevents unwanted interference.

Constant Channel Shifting - unlike other 2.4GHz systems that stay on one or two frequencies (leaving the potential for interference), the 2.4GHz FASST shifts every two milliseconds, so signal conflicts and interruptions are virtually impossible.

Pre-Vision™ Packet Screening Technology - scans the incoming data to look ahead for potential problems and apply sophisticated error correction techniques. The result is a system that gives the user a solid, impenetrable link with his model.

Dual Antenna Diversity (DAD) - which means the system seamlessly selects the best reception between two receiver antennas, so there’s no loss of signal, regardless of the plane’s attitude.

The Easy Link™ system - The 6EX transmitter has a unique ID code that, after linking with the R606FS receiver, assures this receiver will only follow commands from this transmitter. Set it and forget it! Just push the recessed button on the receiver and it will never forget the unique transmitter ID code, which locks this receiver to the transmitter. And with over 134 million possible codes, there’s no chance for a conflict.

A “no-hassle” Fail Safe system - The 6EX 2.4GHz’s Fail Safe is programmed right through the transmitter, just like on conventional systems. Other radios require a complicated six-step process to set up their Fail Safe, along with a separate binding plug that can easily be misplaced.

Custom 2.4GHz IC chips - Futaba’s own custom IC chips are backed by 15 years of 2.4GHz experience in industrial R/C uses, and are “purpose built” for R/C systems. Some manufacturers rely on off-the-shelf IC chips, without the
custom application development that only Futaba’s vast experience can provide.

Flexible servo options! - The 6EX 2.4GHz is available without servos...giving you the ability to configure the system with whatever servos and receiver battery you want, whether for a park flyer, sport model or giant scale.

Low Price! - The 2.4GHz FASST system is the best value in full-range systems. Street price for the transmitter/receiver set is just $219.99

The 6EX: computer programming functions and features that are state-of-the-art!
Standard Programming Functions
• Model Select - six model memory.
• Model Type - select airplane or heli programming in one transmitter.
• Servo Reversing - on all six channels.
• Dual Rate/Exponential - for ailerons, elevator and rudder.
• End Point Adjustment - fine-tunes servo throws on all six channels.
• Digital Trim - stores trim settings for each model for aileron, elevator, rudder and throttle.
• Fail Safe - a safety throttle setting in case of loss of transmitter signal.
• Battery Fail Safe - moves the throttle to a preset position when the airborne pack reaches 3.8V.
• Stick Mode - choose from Mode 1 through 4.
• Range Checking - Power Down reduces transmitter output power for up to one minute, allowing range checking from 50 paces away.
• Changeable Throttle Stick - select ratchet for airplanes or smooth for helis.
• Adjustable Stick Length - choose the length that suits your flying style.
Airplane-Specific Programming Functions
• Wing Mixing - for flaperon, flap trim, V-tail and elevon.
• Trainer System - with the transmitter as either the master or student system. Compatible with other Futaba systems.
• Throttle Cut - pre-programmed for safely shutting off the engine.
• Programmable Mixing (1 & 2) - two different mixes allow any two channels to be combined.

Helicopter-Specific Programming Functions
• 5-Point Normal and Idle Up Throttle/Pitch Curves
• Throttle Hold - for autorotation.
• Revo (Revolution Mixing) - mixes rudder and pitch together.
• Gyro Mixing - two gyro gain settings can be programmed and selected during flight.
• Swash to Throttle Mixing - corrects slowing of the engine’s speed caused by the swashplate.
• Swashplate Types - choose from 1S (independent aileron, pitch and elevator servos linked to the swashplate), 3S (120° CCPM), or 3E (90° CCPM).
• Swash AFR - Adjustable Function Rate, for use with 3S or 3E swash types.

What makes Futaba’s 2.4GHz system different?
• Channel Shifting means that interference is virtually impossible. Futaba’s system only occupies an individual frequency for 2 milliseconds!
• Stronger, More Robust Link - Futaba’s system doesn’t need redundant receivers. Instead, it uses a combination of Channel Shifting and Dual Antenna Diversity (DAD) to provide a robust, highly dependable link between transmitter and receiver.
• Pre-Vision™ Packet Screening Technology - looks ahead for potential problems when scanning incoming data and applies sophisticated error correction techniques - resulting in a system that gives the user a solid, impenetrable connection with his model.
• Custom-Developed Technology - Futaba uses custom IC chips that have been designed specifically for radio control.

With over 30 years of R/C system experience, Futaba knows it’s important to make the investment in research and development to assure quality, reliability and safety. The FASST system is a result of extensive development and testing and it’s the only system good enough to carry the Futaba name.

For more information on Futaba’s 2.4GHz systems, visit:
www.2.4gigahertz.com
FUTK6900 6EX 2.4GHz Transmitter/Receiver Set
FUTL7635
R606FS 2.4GHz FASST Receiver Only
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2007, 02:51 AM
Good news.... but...have you heard if they are planning modules for existing tx's like the 9C?

Larry
Feb 15, 2007, 09:31 PM
All electric, all the time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry3215
Good news.... but...have you heard if they are planning modules for existing tx's like the 9C?

Larry
I second that thought. I have a 9C Super and would love to be able to just buy a new module and receiver for it. I have been trying to resist going to the dark side (JR DX7). It was easier to resist the DX6, since it was only for park flyers.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
Feb 16, 2007, 07:48 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
I am in the same position. I have the 9C and need the mixing for my sailplanes. The DX7 has been capturing the mind of the sailplane pilots. But I like my Futaba 9C and hope that Futaba will come out with a module for it soon.
Feb 16, 2007, 12:27 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
First thing I thought too. Why just a 6 channel? Which is more than enough for most but many like the features of the 9 channels.

Will be a while for me with all my 72 mhz stuff though until I get a drop in mudule for the EVO 12.

FB
Feb 16, 2007, 01:15 PM
The entry level computer radio is probably the hottest part of the market. Spektrum proved, with the DX6, that you can sell a ton of these things, so this entry level price point is a market targeting thing.

There are lots of small electric flyers out there, sport glow and glider pilots out there that will never need more than the Futaba 6EX offers. However how does it compare?

DX6 - $199 for Transmitter/receiver and 4 servos. If you take the 4 servos out of the DX6, then it is about $140 for Trans/receiver. lower priced than the Futaba with a LOT more features, but limited range.

Futaba 6EX $220 for transmitter/receiver

DX 7 - $350 for Trans/Rec and 4 big digital servos. If you take out the value of the 4 DS821s, at $30 each then it is $240 for the DX7. A much more fully featured radio compared to the Futaba with both being full range.

From a feature/function/value point of view the Spektrum radios blow the Futaba away.

If I was into small electrics, with no interest in glow, gas or big sailplanes, I would probably get the DX6, even today. Much nicer radio, more features and 10 model memories.

If I wanted range, and features then I would get the DX7 - fur sure. Tons more features and 20 model memories.

If I wanted a big name, then I would get the Futaba. It only has 6 model memories and limited features. However probably adequate features for most people.

Let's see how the market reacts.
Feb 16, 2007, 03:56 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
Don't get stuck on the Big Name, DX7 is a JR radio is all, but most know that.

FB
Feb 18, 2007, 06:40 PM
Yeah,
Same here. I've grown attached to my 9CHP Super. I mainly fly small electric helis (although I also enjoy my 43" electric Extra300s).
A "drop in" module would be the greatest thing Futaba could do for their followers......

-Codesource

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietRCFly
I second that thought. I have a 9C Super and would love to be able to just buy a new module and receiver for it. I have been trying to resist going to the dark side (JR DX7). It was easier to resist the DX6, since it was only for park flyers.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
Feb 19, 2007, 07:56 PM
I'm All Thumbs
Quote:
DX 7 - $350 for Trans/Rec and 4 big digital servos. If you take out the value of the 4 DS821s, at $30 each then it is $240 for the DX7. A much more fully featured radio compared to the Futaba with both being full range.
Except that the Futaba provides some sailplane usable mixing.I'd gladly give up 4 p-mixes in the DX-7 for sailplane friendly programming.
A Real Bonehead idea on Spektrum's part not to include sailplane mixes.
Skies.
J
Feb 19, 2007, 11:16 PM
Really? What sailplane friendly mixing do you find in the Futaba 6 EX. I see none and I am primarily a sailplane pilot. Actually the 6EX have very limited mixing.

The DX6 has more extensive mixing than the 6EX.

With the extensive and flexible mixing of the DX7, you can create most of the sailplane mixes needed. Not all but most.
Last edited by aeajr; Feb 19, 2007 at 11:32 PM.
Feb 22, 2007, 12:49 PM
Dean
Quote:
Originally Posted by codesource
Yeah,
Same here. I've grown attached to my 9CHP Super. I mainly fly small electric helis (although I also enjoy my 43" electric Extra300s).
A "drop in" module would be the greatest thing Futaba could do for their followers......

-Codesource
Check out HH's website...Spektrum modules for almost all JR and Futaba TXs...
Feb 22, 2007, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1oflyr
Check out HH's website...Spektrum modules for almost all JR and Futaba TXs...
HH as in Heli-Hobby? Please list the addy....

Thanks,
Codesource
Feb 22, 2007, 01:41 PM
Dean
Horizon Hobby......Spektrum...JR.

And YES, I'm a Futaba man....at least 10 different TXs and 2 Spektrums. Now I can use my 2 9ZAPs on 2.4.
Feb 22, 2007, 01:44 PM
I was on HH web site an hour ago and found nothing! If you have a link, please share it.

Quick Reply