Feb 09, 2007, 09:09 PM
The ever learning newbie
Thread OP
Discussion

Will this Foam Work For Covering H-J's Foamies?

I found this product walking through the local Wal-Mart today any ideas if this will work as a covering on H-J's foamies for example.....

http://www.darice.com/ecom/ProductDe...2-73&oid=23363
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2007, 10:06 PM
Happy2ndChildhood
Good question. Same foam I picked up to try down the road. Since I am not the only one wondering, figured I'd get around to seeing if it sticks to glue and if wbpu adheres well to it. Does not stretch, so should be good I think if it adheres to the formers well. I figure it is really not sandable being that soft, so would need to cover it with wbpu and talc powder mix to get a hard surface for sealing, sanding and paint. If both of those adhere well, sure would be a nice super-easy to work with material for covering fuses.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2&postcount=99

Let you know how it turns out in morn, I'm off to bed. Maybe in mean time we will get lucky and somebody will turn up that has already tried it.

Ok, stuck the 6mm Cellfoam88 on to the soft 2mm foam sheet with UHUpor, ...seems just as strong as depron to depron, good there. Added some smears of lightweight filler to my little experiment. Now really off to bed.
Last edited by Lakota; Feb 09, 2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Some of tests done before bed
Feb 10, 2007, 09:22 AM
Happy2ndChildhood
I think this material will work well, but I am certainly no expert. I will be trying it if H-J designs another warbird, so we shall see. All three materials bonded nicely. the wbpu sealed nicely, but I have no talc on hand to try that mix. I see no reason it would not bond well since the wbpu does on its own.
Feb 11, 2007, 01:23 PM
The ever learning newbie
Thread OP

Thanks Lakota

Thanks Lakota for the reply, but what is wbpu? I am looking forward to starting my mustang, I have also printed out the full size FW as well. I am hoping the spitfire shows up sometime as well.
Feb 12, 2007, 05:10 AM
Happy2ndChildhood
water based polyurethane
preferably "satin"

Quick Reply