Feb 06, 2007, 01:11 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

My first flight with my XRB SR

So I traded one of my RC motorcycles for a Hirobo XRB SR. When I pulled the heli out of the box I was impressed with the details of the model. It seemed nicley balanced between form and function. After waiting a couple weeks for blades to arrive I was anxious to get this thing in the air. I got the blades on, battery charged, and new batteries in the TX. I took off had some very minor trimming to do on the heli (had a slight left rotation) then from there on out it was easy flying. Everything from nose in hover, side hover, forward flight, backward flight was super easy and very controlled. I have flown a few helis but with very limited success, this one flies like a dream!!! I was able to fly it across the room, set my remote down walk over grab the heli then I have my wife power it down. While it was hovering it moved maybe 1/4" side to side. I am extremely impressed with this little heli! I have crashed once (managed to take my motorcycle mirror while flying in the shop) other than that is has been smooth sailing!!! Very cool heli, highly recommend it!!!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2007, 06:33 AM
21st Century Space Cowboy
Glad you like it!
The Rolls Royce of co-axial helis (at least on price!). You can laminate the blades with Scotch Extreme packing tape or Solartrim to stop them exploding when they brush against stuff. Remember to balance new blades, re-check the pitch on the uppers and track both sets, depending on which blades you've replaced.

Tach.
Feb 08, 2007, 01:34 AM
Thread OP
I'm not entirley sure how to track them (I understand the concept but I don't know how to make the adjustment to fix them) I also don't have a balancer any ideas on how I can make one?
Feb 08, 2007, 05:47 AM
Read the manual on how to track them. I got the latest XRB mini Shuttle. It is indeed a fun little heli to fly around indoor. I fly it everyday in my living room after work. I managed to fly Figure Eights, pirouttes, etc.
Feb 08, 2007, 06:28 AM
Either hold on to the heli and spool it up or just watch the blades when it's flying - if one blade is above the other (coloured tape helps identification) then you adjust the linkage to bring it into line with the other blade. The manual tells you which direction.

Tach.
Feb 08, 2007, 10:53 AM
Thread OP
I don't have a manual for the heli, like I said I got it in a trade so it has been used. Manual wasn't part of the trade.
Feb 09, 2007, 07:46 AM
Go here and click on the XRB manual Link

http://www.rickyblazerc.com/

Quick Reply