Feb 05, 2007, 07:02 PM
Thread OP
Rant

Live Group Rant: Don't you just hate it when....

Don't you just hate it when...

...someone jumps in on what you say, mid-sentence, taking it completely out of context and freaks out thinking you're being an !?

...someone continues with a tirade of correcting you, when they don't understand what you were trying to say, no matter how reasonable/if not comical the comment was? It reminded me of an out-of-context political lie, but I've never had it happen soooo quickly!

...you put the toilet paper roll on the holder backwards?

...the RCGroups server is down?

...etc.
Feb 05, 2007, 07:47 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
I never use those roll holders. Just set the roll on top of the tank.
Latest blog entry: How To Get a Custom AMA Number
Feb 05, 2007, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike
Ha ha ha... Bad advice. Any modern anti-tank grenade or missile will cut through that roll like a hot knife through butter. You need genuine "dynamic armor" in order to protect a tank in modern combat.

Feb 05, 2007, 08:54 PM
Random Pic #23982
Keys that sticcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccck on my keyboard.
Feb 05, 2007, 08:56 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike

OMG Man!! Are you married???

My wife rates that right up there with leaving the lid up and using the "lookin at towels"!
Feb 05, 2007, 09:37 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola

My wife rates that right up there with leaving the lid up and using the "lookin at towels"!

The annoyance at hearing the "lid left up" whine is insignificant to the absolute agony you will experience trying to laugh uncontrollably, yet silently, when your spouse splashes into the toilet one night because she failed to check that the seat is down. I almost died, trying not to let her hear me.
Feb 05, 2007, 09:42 PM
Go get them Meg!
Hmm. I gave my wife the choice: I can leave the seat up or pee in the sink.

Actually, I put the lid down. Darn cats drink out of it in the middle of the night.
Feb 05, 2007, 10:18 PM
Thread OP
I got another one...

...you sit down on the toilet without the seat down? (eeggghh!)

...you take a drink of lemonade and you were expecting diet coke?

...you take a sip of lemonade right after brushing your teeth? (try it...)

...you super-glue your hand to the bottle of super-glue?
Feb 06, 2007, 12:17 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge
when your spouse splashes into the toilet one night because she failed to check that the seat is down.

There's a reason there's a lightswitch on the wall

You should ask her if there's something "down there" that she's too embarassed to want to see so she has to leave the lights off.

If you REALLY wanna make her mad at you try putting saran wrap over the top of the toilet bowl opening, then lower the seat down. THEN try to keep from laughing as she gets nailed by the backsplash spray in the dark.
Feb 06, 2007, 12:19 AM
Closed Account
One thing I hate.......when you're talking to someone and they keep saying "uh huh, uh huh, uh huh" as you're talking to them.
Feb 06, 2007, 02:13 PM
Random Pic #23982
uh huh, yeah, uh huh...

And what makes my wife really mad is when I do this to her, then she gives me a pop quiz and I ace it.
Feb 06, 2007, 05:34 PM
You win again, gravity!
Quote:
The what towels?

What I hate.... is that it seems that I spend about half the time of any DIY job looking for the #$^%&(* %#)&(*%@ tape measure.
Feb 06, 2007, 07:01 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
[QUOTE=Muxje]The what towels?

Lookin' at towels! You know, the expensive towels women hang in bathrooms that are NOT to be used? For show only!

Like "lookin' at soap". Shaped like hearts, seashells and so on all arrainged in cute little dishes on the back of the toilet tank lid or next to the sink.

Under no circumstance are you to EVER use these towels or soaps. They are for decoration and to impress guests ONLY!!!!

Reminds me of the comedian Steve McGrew. When asked by his wife why he had used her lookin' at towels he replied. "cause we're out of toilet paper".....
Feb 06, 2007, 09:37 PM
Now pay attention, 007!
When my wife handed me that old tired complaint about leaving the ring up, "the bare porcelain is COLD!" I answered that if she doesn't bother to check if the ring is down, she's apt to make one hell of a mess if I actually close the lid!

We don't have that argument anymore.
Feb 06, 2007, 10:18 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:

That tooo funny.
I hate those "lookin" towels.
Might as well hang curtains on the towel rack

Quick Reply