This thread is privately moderated by G WILLIE, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 02, 2019, 03:39 AM
Unfortunately not high resolution
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2019, 11:39 PM
better:
Mar 28, 2019, 12:41 PM
Guys
I am looking for a logo or a better picture of the logo on the T-shirt Bill Atwood is wearing in the picture from 1947 Plymouth meet. I am assuming Thermal Thumbers was a Southern California Free Flight Group. Thank you for the help. Larry Jolly
Dad would know this but unfortunately he is now flying with Sal and Carl.
Last edited by Larry Jolly; Mar 28, 2019 at 12:49 PM.
Apr 06, 2019, 12:36 PM
Hi Larry

PM me with address if you would like an original set of stickers.

Thermal Thumbers was an early Los Angeles based FF group. There were local clubs that flew gas FF, San Valeers (SF Valley based) and the Long Beach Thunderbugs, the TT's flew glider, rubber and indoors. In the 90's, probably when Mile Square was closed, membership dwindled and the TT's were absorbed by the SAM club, SCAMPS.

Norm
Last edited by Norm Furutani; Apr 07, 2019 at 11:25 AM.
Apr 08, 2019, 11:35 AM
Thanks Norm
I appreciate the help very much. Yes I would
Like very much to get original Stickers. It appears that the Thermal Thumbers started out as The Bell Gardens Thermal Thumbers having their meetings at the original K&B facility in Bell Gardens. Blessed with lots of talent including Champs Cummings and Atwood. Flew at Rosemeadfield in the 40ís. Got the following Scan of 50ís Newsletter Letterhead this morning. Hope things are good. Larry
Apr 10, 2019, 12:12 AM
Interestingly there was also a "Thermal Thumbers" club in Western Australia, presumably in the 40's/50's.

The picture below shows a DeBolt Speedwagon 30 with the abbreviation "TT".

Note that the model which has a circular flight (i.e. banana bent) fuselage is the wrong way around for the CCW flight set up used in Australia
Apr 10, 2019, 10:33 AM
Haha, must have used the wrong way banana fuselage instead of rudder offset!
Notice the sidethrust on the engine bearers?
Apr 10, 2019, 10:38 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
I rather think the original DeBolt Speedwagon was flown in a clockwise direction.
Apr 10, 2019, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer
I rather think the original DeBolt Speedwagon was flown in a clockwise direction.
Correct, the original was clockwise - it supposedly gives an advantage with the usual CCW turning prop (from front).

Note: I have seen a kit of the Speedwagon for CCW flight, perhaps for the UK market?
Apr 15, 2019, 09:25 AM
I,m looking for the Sterling Fledgling RC wing decal that had the humming bird above the name. Thanks Yogi
Jan 17, 2020, 08:24 PM

Graupner vintage Vinyl cut files

Hello all

For a few years I have been selling on ebay reproductions of vinyl cut for the old planes graupner. (Amateur, Topsy, Kadett,...)
Pension time has come.
I close the Ebay shop, but I do not want my job to be lost.
I would like my cnc cutting files in Corel draw format to be made available free of charge to all.
I propose you all my corel draw x5 files here.
All files can be cut with a silhouette machine and the Silhouette Connect program.
Iíll wear new ones every week.
You can use them any way you want.
Good cuts

This week :
Kwik Fly Mk3
Amateur
Topsy
Last edited by figaro02; Feb 16, 2020 at 06:34 PM.
Jan 18, 2020, 08:12 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Figaro: Thank you very much! This is very kind of you, but is in keeping with ethic of Vintage section - to keep these designs alive. Your files will no doubt help people make even more authentic models!!
Jan 19, 2020, 06:12 PM
Yes, thank you!
Jan 25, 2020, 08:52 PM
There are not Graupner but here are Pilatus B4 vector sticker (Corel Draw x7)

Scale 1/3, 1/4, 1/5

Quick Reply