Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Feb 04, 2007, 11:25 AM
Find More Posts by BrentD
Discussion

BubbleDancer Allegro plan printing..

OK, I should know better, but before I start gluing..

I printed out the plans for the Bubble Dancer at work, shhh, and I feel like they may be a little skinny - but I can not be sure.

The ribs line up on the plans, and the shear webs fill the gaps between perfectly, but it looks like I would have to notch the TE more than shown on the plans. I think I ran into this before, can not find that thread or answer anywhere.

Also, it looks right from the spar notches to the LE - just looks like a lot to notch on the TE (or I am into cutting 1/8 off the rib).

I don't think I used any scaling on my printout, but is there a "secet" setting I should have chosen? Should I just be ready make some deep notches?? I really just don't want to end up with an extra high aspect wing, I guess.

Thanks!
Brent
Last edited by BrentD; Feb 04, 2007 at 11:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2007, 02:30 PM
Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda
Brent,

I notched the TE wood on my BD. I think the laser cut rib parts are just a little bit long. BTW, I think you can confirm that everything is OK by looking at the plans pdfs, one of them I think has the cord lengths in inches at the poly breaks. You could measure your printed plans and confirm it is OK.

Ryan
Old Feb 04, 2007, 04:19 PM
Find More Posts by Mark Miller
The Laser Art ribs are a tad long and need to be trimmed at the rear to fit. This is normal and the way they were designed.

I sell a 2 page full size plan set for the BD. $25.00

Mark Miller
Isthmus Models
Old Feb 04, 2007, 04:52 PM
Find More Posts by BrentD
That makes me feel better - I measured at the tip break, and I am at 8", as shown on the plans at Charles River (and Mark's plans).

I appreciate the sanity check - and if I didn't already have my plans taped together and on the board, I would take Mark up on his plans. I'm just too impatient to wait now ; )

Thanks,
Brent