Feb 02, 2007, 04:28 PM
Thread OP
Question

hobby-estore deal on an HB FP2. Good deal or no? Reputation?

www.hobby-estore.com
$127.45 shipped with *2* extra Nimh batteries *and* training kit.

Any opinions?

I needed references before I pull the trigger.
ps-Shipping was ~$21.
Last edited by silon; Feb 02, 2007 at 04:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2007, 10:02 AM
Thread OP
gratuitous bump
Feb 08, 2007, 11:15 AM
Thread OP

Ordered my HBee II from hobby-estore

Ordered Feb 6th.
Processed Feb 7th & received/shipped by UPS to a large state UPS "depot" hub.
May arrive today, the 8th. UPS tracker states In Transit to me casa.

Will update. Seems incredibly fast for ground UPS. I wonder whether they are going to sit on the package until the estimated delivery date of Feb 13th.
Feb 08, 2007, 11:30 AM
I ordered a HB CP2 from hobby-estore over the weekend, and received it yesterday. I sent their customer service an email with a question last night, and had a reply waiting for me this morning. So far, I would rate their service very good.
Feb 08, 2007, 11:38 AM
Thread OP
Was it in good shape when it got there? Their email said refuse delivery if the packaging and/or the product was damaged.

Quick, huh!

Did you order extra batteries and the training gear? I did. 2 xtra batts, training gear

heligeek-have you fired it up yet? Is this your first heli? If so, what's going to be your methodology for learning?
Feb 08, 2007, 12:01 PM
Yes, the package and heli was in excellent shape. A couple of the balls on the training gear had small dents, but I'll put plenty of dents in them myself. In addition to the training gear, I bought an extra set of main rotor blades. This is my second heli, and first CP. The first was a Lite-Machines Corona FP that I built from a kit. Crashed and repaired it plenty of times. Tough heli.

Going to do it correct this time. I have a simulator on order that I'm going to learn on first. I'll fire up the HB CP only to get everything trimmed and adjusted. I won't actually try to fly it until I get good with the simulator. I spent too much on spare parts for the last heli by learning the hard way.
Feb 08, 2007, 12:35 PM
Thread OP
Aside from my little Havoc heli, I'm new to helis.
I'll be studying at RADDs University for a while. I'll also be working with a simulator as well.

Which simulator did you order?
Feb 08, 2007, 12:43 PM
I ordered Pre-Flight, Blade CP edition, plust the interface cable for the HB CP2 transmitter. Perhaps not the best simulator, but it was cheap. It's about $69 on their site (http://www.preflightsim.com) , but it is available on eBay for only $35, plus $5 shipping. The link is on one of the threads here, or you can search eBay. I'll be studying at RADD's also.

Quick Reply