Feb 02, 2007, 07:10 PM
Thread OP
the rouned edge of the wing was difficult, I had to soak the wood for 24 hrs. to get it to bend properly.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2007, 08:11 AM
Thread OP
A little update. Here is the wing finished. I screwed up quite a lot, however, I think it will still fly. I am now going to sheet the top of the wing section. There is about 1 1/8 dihedral in each wing.
Feb 06, 2007, 02:20 PM
Thread OP
Another update, I sheeted the wing. Started the fuse. I'm a little confused here with the fuse as the plans say glue f1 to f1a following the side view of the plans but I haven't figured it out yet. Any help is appreciated!
Feb 06, 2007, 02:37 PM
Thread OP
I figured it out. It goes right behind the firewall. My brain turned on again, that's good!
Feb 08, 2007, 04:09 PM
Thread OP
working on the fuse, need help! Don't understand the instructions.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=635769
Feb 08, 2007, 05:56 PM
pray for our troops
T,

I don't understand your link here. It just seems to go back to page one of this thread. I understand your frustrations with the instructions on your kit. I built a Dare Sopwith Pup about 2 years ago and had some problems with it but luckily I had some previous stick and tissue building experience before trying to build that kit. I'm sure that the fuse is a straightforward stick and tissue structure where you build the sides first by starting with the longerons: the top and bottom sticks on the side view of the plan that run most of the length of the sides. You can think of the fuse as a box and the longerons as the corners of the box. Everything else pretty much hangs on that.

I'm sorry to hear that your thread did not get moved to the Scale section as I'm sure you would have gotten more help there. When I found your thread (I was actually looking for your Ryan ST-A thread that you mentioned in another thread in the electric forum) I e-mailed a link to this thread to Pat Tritle. I am almost completed my third model designed by him and he has been a great help. I can try to help some but Pat makes himself pretty available via e-mail and is even very happy to talk to modelers via phone besides being responsive here on RCGroups. You can find contact info here:
http://www.thuntek.net/pcmodels/
Feb 08, 2007, 07:35 PM
pray for our troops
Hey,

I just thought of another solution. You could start a new thread in the Scale Electric forum easily enough if you don't get the level of response that you need here.

Rob
Feb 09, 2007, 09:07 AM
Thread OP
I'm sorry for the confusion. I tried to get the moderators to move, but I guess they weren't able to. Therefore I am discontinuing here and moving it myself (as best I can) to the scale electric forum per everyone's suggestions. Thanks again!!
Feb 09, 2007, 09:21 PM
Taek, Got it figured out now. Will help out any way I can.

PAT
Feb 10, 2007, 08:29 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Pat for your help, back to scale electric forum!!

Quick Reply