So Cal Easy Glider 1 design contest - Page 2 - RC Groups
Mar 01, 2007, 02:58 AM
Flying What?!?
I was planning on going, but was told I HAVE to go to a B-day brunch this Sunday....
to remove ads between posts
Mar 01, 2007, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3X
It's THIS Sunday!

Still time to build a EZG and make the 1st 1 Design EZG contest!
Tom,

Please take a lot of pictures for us who cannot attend this time.
NoCal guys like us are planning to host our one-design contest, we might be able to learn some experience from you guys.

-Kai
Mar 03, 2007, 05:42 PM
F3X
F3X
Ok we are a GO for the contest tomorrow.

The weather at the field today was good and a little SA but tomorrow looks better.
YOU CAN fly 2 pilots per model so if your friend will let you share you are in.

Try and get there by 9:30 for sign ups so we can run the matrix and get started on time.

See you there!
Mar 04, 2007, 09:35 PM
F3X
F3X
HSS EZG was a success. 7 EZG were there and 2 pilots shared models so a total of 9 pilots entered. We flew groups of 5 and 4 man on man. We flew 5 rounds for the day. 5:00 minute max. There were lots of 1:00 rounds off the short zip starts and also a few maxes. A few mid airs and LOTS OF FUN. Those of you guys that are waiting for the EZG RR version missed a good contest. Mike Reagan came from TOSS to come and play. Thanks Mike!

I made some EPP foam trophies for the contest. 1st to 3rd. They looked great! Foam trophies for a Foam contest...Why not?
Last edited by F3X; Mar 04, 2007 at 10:05 PM.
Mar 04, 2007, 09:40 PM
F3X
F3X
Launch Video

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...19#post7035390

Its down to a 1.1m file. Thanks Steve!
Last edited by F3X; Mar 05, 2007 at 08:05 AM.
Mar 05, 2007, 01:15 AM
Wow!!! I got Wood!!!! I Mean Got some Foam!! Today....
This Conest was the Most Fun I have had in along time
I fly all the Good Stuff like Sharon's,Ava's Etc and these
little Easy Gliders are a Kick!! to fly...Plus its a Fair Contest
Get one and Come join the Fun...
Next Stop Toss!!!
First Place will be 200.00
Mike.M
Flying a Borrowed Easy Glider Today

Mine is on the Work Bench
Thanks Tom!!
Mar 05, 2007, 08:48 AM
The Detritus of Rcgroups
Very cool! Thanks for sharing Tom. Wish I was in California.

Ryan
Mar 05, 2007, 11:39 PM
That was a bunch o' fun. The simultaneous launches were very peanut gallery friendly (Easily twice as many people watching as flying), although the conditions weren't all that great. I think out of 10 heats total there were only three heats which had a max or near max time (5 minutes). That was kind of a surprise, as the previous weekend when I maidened my EG, I cored a thermal every high start launch. Thought that part was so easy I focused on landing practices. Should have spent more time on trimming out the airplane to maximize flight time, as I was not the only one who zero'd EVERY landing. Those EG's slide an awful long distance....

Andy
Mar 06, 2007, 12:09 AM
F3X
F3X
Hi Andy
Yea the conditions were very weird for HSS with the SA and all. I would think every round would have had a max or three if it was a normal Sunday.
I had 3 maxes out of 5 one round I came down early because I was the only one that caught lift but the other two I had company so needed to fly it out. I think in one round there were 3 EZG in a thermal going for max.
We scored 3 pps and the landing max was 50 points then normalized. So a perfect landing was worth only 16 seconds of air time.

Good to see you out there, we will throw more of these all summer so come on back.

I was thinking of posting some EZG mods so guys know what to change on the models to make them better and still within the rules.
Last edited by F3X; Mar 06, 2007 at 12:41 AM.
Mar 24, 2007, 11:14 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
Need some more photos. We have enough EGs in our club I might try this.
May 16, 2007, 08:46 PM
aku
aku
Jeff Cheechov
Hi Tom. I would like to read your suggestions and tips for building an EZG "within the rule" for this competition. I live locally, and would like to try the events also.
Thanks,
Jeff C.

Quick Reply