This thread is privately moderated by SZD16, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 28, 2007, 01:08 PM
Hi guys

I have a Swiss Trainer with a ZDZ 160ccm ,it wil pull gliders up to 80 lbs.

We are lokated in Reinbek/Germany near Hamburg
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2007, 09:36 PM
Our tug in the Wichita Falls, TX area, come fly with us.

96" Wing span with a DA 50, we can tow up to 4 meters
Feb 12, 2007, 09:33 PM
My first tow plane, Combat 2.4 81" with a Brison 3.2. All we have in or club are a couple of 4.2m gliders ASK-18 & ASK-21

Photo's with full scale from Adrian Soaring Club

Gary
Last edited by G202RC; Feb 13, 2007 at 09:30 PM.
Feb 12, 2007, 11:26 PM

San Francisco Bay / Central CA Area Aerotowing

The South Bay Soaring Society aerotows every month at the Los Banos Creek Reservoir State Recreation Area, Los Banos, CA. This is a premier site for both aerotowing and slope soaring of Giant Scale Sailplanes, with separate runways available for takeoff and landing.

We have a Robin with 3W-80 twin, an Aeromaster Bipe with G-62, a Fly Baby bipe with G-62, and a Sukhoi with a DA-150 - we can tow anything.

Check the Events menu at www.sbss.org for details, also for map, lots of photos.

Los Banos is also the site of one of the oldest organized scale aerotow events, which this year is April 20-22, 2007. Email for details:
scalesoaring@sbcglobal.net with subject Los Banos 2007.
Feb 13, 2007, 01:34 AM

Sacramento CA Aerotowing

The SVSS club holds aerotows on the 3rd or 4th Sunday of the month from February to June, and September to November. This is a new event started in the Fall of 2006 by Scott Allen of the SVSS. Tow planes are restricted to electric power, but don't let that fool you - Scott's Super Cub has 4.5 HP and can tow just about anything. There is a 1/4 Wilga with 5.5 HP (in the repair shop at the moment) and a new 5.5 HP towplane will be in service starting in March, and hopefully growing participation will encourage more people to bring electric towplanes.

Get schedule info at http://www.svss.org/calendar.htm; you can click on Scott's name to send him an email.
Mar 05, 2007, 09:19 PM

Aerotow Melbourne, Australia

There are quite a few impressive tugs in the area and with at least one official aerotow meet each month.

Our latest tug was very kindly sponsored by Model Flight to create a "workhorse" tug.

Rebuilt from an old 8' stick (with impressive amounts of 'black balsa'), the tug is powered by a Zenoah 62 with a 22 x 6-10, JR 9x transmitter with synth module and RS10DS receiver, JR ES579 & DS589 servos, an MGM pro Accusw2 battery backup system.

for information on events in the area check out the events calander: http://www.silentflight.net/
Mar 10, 2007, 08:47 PM
S.K.SS field in Newark De.. rt 72 white clay creek we have a huge field with great thermals I have built four electric tugs, the new one is a Graupner Taxi 2400 with a Astro 120 motor should be around 5.5 hp...
some of the guys in the club are building large scale sailplanes including my Ventus cx from Sal at Ne sail..click on the link and check out the areotow video.

http://skss.org/wpress/?p=76
Mar 10, 2007, 10:10 PM
These Are Some Pics Of My New Tow Plane
Apr 06, 2007, 03:51 AM
Over here in the western part of Australia, I have currently two tugs, and building two more. the two current ones will tow up to five meter and the two new one will tow what ever you wanna put behind them.
two current ones are Biglift and Pawnee. two new ones being constructed are 1/3 Pawnee and 1/3 cub. cub will have a DZY 48 and new Pawnee will have something around an 80cc in it.
The pics are a little shabby, but I'll upload some better ones after the weekend.
Scratch the Pawnee......she suffered an elevator hard over yesterday and is no longer with me. beyong repair after nosing over and driving in under full power. I'm going to miss her. I'm building another one, but much bigger. works out to about 38%
Last edited by wiz310; Apr 12, 2007 at 09:17 AM.
Apr 08, 2007, 10:30 PM
TEAM GORGEOUS
Thread OP
We have a new tug up at Horsefeathers , Virginia.....it's an Airborne-Models 1/3rd Cub with a BME105 twin on the front......engine is so powerful it's set at 65% for full throttle......even at that setting it will go vertical as soon as it lifts off the ground.....not very scale like...but fun!
http://ecsvr.com/abm/shopexd.asp?id=2254
Last edited by SZD16; Apr 30, 2007 at 06:13 PM.
Apr 29, 2007, 09:26 AM
VNE ? I bite my thumb at thee

UK tug for hire ( well free then )

Hi all,

I have a Kangke Rearwin Speedster with an MVVS 58cc (3.60 to the yanks) up front and TOST style release available for towing, you gotta travel to Shropshire though

Ell.
Jun 26, 2007, 07:00 PM
Where's the lift?

Seņor Teli, remolcador

Hobby Lobby Senior Telemaster ARF, with a Thunder Tiger 1.20 Pro two-stroke engine, Master Airscrew 16x8 prop, 5-inch foam tires, good for 3-meter to 4-meter sailplanes weighing up to approx 10-15lbs.

Will work for food (or 5% Omega in the gallon jug).

Don Bailey
Pacific Northwest aerotow circuit
Home port: CMAA club field, Monroe WA
Last edited by dgliderguy; Jun 27, 2007 at 10:08 AM.
Jul 10, 2007, 10:06 AM

More Minnesota Tugs!

Glad to see my fellow tug pilots beat me to this posting! I have a Sig Spacewalker with a Zenoah G62 in the nose. The kingpost is located just aft of the front of the turtle deck. She is not as powerful as some of the monsters I've seen here but she runs like a dream and is a gentle, smooth flier. I have thought of trying something even more powerful up front but others in the club think I should keep it as is (why mess with a good thing?).
Aug 21, 2007, 02:57 AM
Hey guys, here I am.
If you are in Turin (hoist of 2006 winter olimpic game ...) which is in the nord of Italy It will be a pleasure for me to tow you.... ooppss... your plane!!!
Please contact me in advance for organizing your welcome!!!
Max
Oct 11, 2007, 06:47 PM
aka Schleppmeister
I have an electric Telemaster with an E-Flite 160. Will tow up to 18lbs. Location: Southeastern PA.
Last edited by joedoe; Jun 15, 2009 at 08:34 PM.

Quick Reply