Jan 20, 2007, 02:14 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

PICS - New AirHogs AeroAce monoplane (NOT the AeroJet)

Saw this at my local Target this morning. Anyone else flown this yet ? Was there a EU version ? Feels very sturdy, thick wings and tail end.

to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2007, 02:30 PM
Thread OP
Well even in some pretty decent wind, seems to fly nice, gets some speed up through turns. I'd say flies more like the new AeroJet, without the porpoising (which by the way a very small screw in the front, really levels out the AeroJet nicely). I don't think this will need any modification really. Will give more input once I can fly it with little to no wind.
Jan 20, 2007, 04:09 PM
The only thing that i can think this could be is the Aero Ace SPORT, unless its a complete new design. If its the sport then people on this forum will be VERY happy. lol including me

btw.. Great pics. very helpful
Jan 20, 2007, 04:42 PM
RC-Kraut
Thats the best flying XTwin / AA. Slow, predictive - closest to real RC planes. Well suited for landing gears and ROGs. Go for that one
Jan 20, 2007, 04:44 PM
Oh, great...something else to "hafta" have! That looks way cute- how does it fly? I haven't seen one in the foam yet- so thanks for the pix.
Jan 20, 2007, 04:59 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jighead
The only thing that i can think this could be is the Aero Ace SPORT, unless its a complete new design. If its the sport then people on this forum will be VERY happy. lol including me
btw.. Great pics. very helpful
This is the AA sport flyer/racer! The one I've been waiting for and everyonelse has been asking about here in the US.

I've been checking (literally) every Target here in orlando for the last couple of weeks since it was first reported showing up in Tx.. Looks like I'll have to keep making my rounds. (Its getting expensive in gas money)

Rigor, where are you located? You lucky dawg!

Edit: Just noticed you're in CA... UUUUGGGGGG!
I hope they make this way east soon.

KC
Last edited by JKCYOON; Jan 20, 2007 at 05:34 PM.
Jan 20, 2007, 06:09 PM
Yay!
These are the best of the bunch, we've all been longing for them to come over.
What's next?? A 3 channel Aero Ace?
Jan 20, 2007, 06:31 PM
I found one on the first day they hit the shelves here in CA. It's the Air Hogs version of the Silverlit X-Twin Sport Flyer. Only here they just call it another Aero Ace. We'll have to coin a name -- how about "Aero Ace Sport"?

Flies very nice, controllable even in a light wind. Climbs well on med-low throttle, glides VERY well. Careful, once it's up high, it just doesn't want to come down!
Jan 20, 2007, 07:09 PM
I'm a Registered User
Oh, great. This is just what I need. Another plane for me to look for. Thanks alot guys. I hope your happy(cause I know I am ).
Jan 20, 2007, 08:08 PM
Quit asking ???s, get a Quark!
I checked TRU today, none there.
Jan 20, 2007, 09:15 PM
I need a BIGGER lvng rm!
I saw one in my target yesterday, didn't buy it cause I didn't know much about it. Guess I'll have to go back and donate another $30. That's in Houston,Tx BTW.
Jan 20, 2007, 09:22 PM
Jee's you guys are slow ive had one for 1 yr already
Jan 20, 2007, 09:44 PM
Forward Ever, Backward Never
Yeah us Aussies have had those for a while and they truely are the best X-twin/AA you can get
Jan 21, 2007, 02:39 AM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same
Jee's you guys are slow ive had one for 1 yr already
Quote:
Originally Posted by floPPsy
Yeah us Aussies have had those for a while and they truely are the best X-twin/AA you can get
Sure... go ahead and rub it in.

Just for that, I'm getting TWO when they show up here.

KC
Jan 21, 2007, 03:53 AM
RC-Kraut
Just a hint for the sports: if yours shows some vibration/resonance, bad sound if motors are running, reglue or repress the motors glueing points. They get loose after some time. This one seems to tend to make a resonance with its fuse together with motor vibrations. Its a good fellow for balancing the props, to prevent this. And the longer pagers make this one a strong plane, compared to first generation xtwins. I am curious what kind of mods come for it, as it has passed now the atlantic for you guys . Maybe the AA-jet comes to europe now.
Also interesting to see, our version has lots of decals on it - the AA version is without. I removed them all the time for saving another gr of weight.

For the flight: if the lipo is moved a bit forward (2mm), its the best flyer without purpoising, very well gliding/soaring, and turning very nice - without loosing alt. Very controllable. As posted, I make beautiful ROGs with mine, the fuse is well suited for mounting landing gears and wheels. The whole plane is very (!) rugged, with its comparable "massive" one part epp fuse. You will have lots of fun with it

Old vid link: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ght=Sports+ROG

See ya
Last edited by relaxr; Jan 21, 2007 at 04:33 AM.

Quick Reply