This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 18, 2007, 02:52 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Chinese Test Anti-Satellite Weapon

Guess w.e. know why o.u.r. spy satellites started failing last week. Now there's a billion pieces of metal flying around in polar orbit, brought to you by the "peace loving" Chinese.

Recall a year ago, when China was launching humans into space, and saying they didn't want to militarize space, Dubya was the war monger here, and the voters were trying to unload Dubya for wanting to militarize space against the peace loving, truth telling Chinese. It was Dubya being a war monger by not involving China in the "vision for space exploration".

More interestingly is how the Americans, so deluded by the media and their politicians, still insist that China is peace loving and Dubya is the problem even after losing a spy satellite. How much do they have to lose before they start using their own eyes instead of their leaders?

Maybe China can put the deluded Americans out of their misery.
Last edited by Jack Crossfire; Jan 18, 2007 at 05:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2007, 07:31 PM
??????????????????????????????????????
Jan 18, 2007, 07:59 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Say what?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????
What palnet you on?
Where do you think you live at?
Jan 18, 2007, 08:01 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Oh by the way , I don't care about no stinking China; Or any other country.
Someone dies and lives. But their will always war and war gives a reason to keep making babies.
Jan 18, 2007, 10:09 PM
Thread OP

Underrated story

Thought this story was particularly buried by the media. The media seems particularly afraid of drawing attention to anything that could divert money from entitlement programs to defense spending.

For years we were told that space should never become a warzone. For years the media told us China was shooting lasers at satellites but was no more serious than its spy plane buzzing in the 90's. We downsized Norad because there was no threat in space.

We were told by politicians and the media that the biggest threat to peace was Dubya. Dubya was trying to militarize space and if we didn't vote for the right people and didn't pay the right people, he would succeed. Meanwhile China launched not 1 but 4 missiles throughout the last year.

In an instant, out of nowhere, space is now a warzone and it wasn't because of Dubya, Dick, Condoleeza, O-Reilly or any of the other villains but China. The private spaceflights that could have occurred are now too dangerous because of the threat of missile attack and China's newly created space debris. Now space is like another Baghdad.

It was already almost impossible for private individuals to launch rockets higher than 30,000 ft. Now it's probably going to be impossible to launch anything privately into space unless you have serious government connections.
Jan 18, 2007, 10:58 PM
OK, is there a link to this story? About the debris and where exactly it is?
Jan 18, 2007, 11:14 PM
Stangely Spinning in a Circle
I'm just curious as to where you got your info? I've tried googling it, and came up with bubkiss.
Jan 19, 2007, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphon
I'm just curious as to where you got your info? I've tried googling it, and came up with bubkiss.
You need to Google the Alt-Internet.
Jan 19, 2007, 12:06 AM
Thread OP
The situation isn't as bleak as it seems. Also unreported by the media but mentioned in a buried wikipedia article is the existence of the Vought missile in the 80's. Apparently U.S. used the Vought missile to destroy one of its own satellites in 1985 and Russia destroyed several satellites between 1970 and 1972 with another missile.

Many of today's restrictions on private spaceflight are probably due to those first anti satellite weapons.

The only question is whether China is going to put away their toy like the previous 2 nations or whether we have to beef up the heat shielding on the space shuttle now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASAT

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/0...ile/index.html
Jan 19, 2007, 04:53 AM
Progress not Perfection
Jack, think about it for a minute, China owns a good deal of our national debt [I]now. They will dominate us financially in the not to distant future,(without firing a shot), why would they bother to aggravate us militarily? Our economic future is tied to China's. It's just a natural function of capitalism, Sleep in peace.
regards, Jack
Jan 19, 2007, 08:28 AM
Can I fly my new Corsair now without hitting space debris???....
Jan 19, 2007, 09:12 AM
I think Jack has a valid concern....especially when Paris Hilton gets more media coverage than this.
Jan 19, 2007, 09:29 AM
IWC
IWC
"Say what??????" What palnet you on" What I think Crossfire is trying to say is that the Chinese shot down one of there own satellites with a ground-based Missile. You can see news reports all over the internet.

What is a palnet?

Crossfire, Thanks for the news report.
Last edited by IWC; Jan 19, 2007 at 09:52 AM.
Jan 19, 2007, 02:43 PM
This is very disturbing indeed. Our 'most favored nation trade status' friend China had amassed a majority of the previously Russian fleet of Kirov battlecruisers and nuke subs in the recent past (5-7 years). Now they have the ability to knock out our GPS satellites (whose primary purpose believe it or not is for our military's guidance systems) from low earth orbit.

They want Taiwan--a real democracy, forget Bagdad--and eventually they are going to try and take it, if not by political or financial means, then by military. Don't take my word on this--they stated this themselves. This puts US in a very compromising and uncomfortable position. Do we let them take an ally we have sworn to protect (and currently provide military aid to), or do we fight?

And what occurs if and when they take Taiwan afterwards? If that goes without a fight, who is next? China needs resources, and cares very little for the concerns or whining of the 'international community' (North Korea is an excellent example). Mind you, except for their namesake, this 'international community' is the same that didn't want to get involved during the beginnings of WWII and allowed a holocaust to occur to two races (Jews and Chinese by the Germans and Japanese) and currently is allowing a holocaust to occur in Darfur. If China has the means to take something, mark my words they will try. And either we will stand by with our friendly thumbs up our asses, or there will be WWIII. Damned either way. I say fight.
Last edited by Prideauxx; Jan 19, 2007 at 02:48 PM.
Jan 19, 2007, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightz
I think Jack has a valid concern....especially when Paris Hilton gets more media coverage than this.
agreed, there is reason for concern with any society based on communistic approach, as for this particular concern there have been underlying rumors of acts of this nature since the nixon admin. be it china ,north korea or japan as long as the funds are being pumped into their economy we are fueling the fire,too long have we looked after the well being of nations like these while allowing our own people to suffer, i am a firm believer in the old addage of "keeping your friends close but your enemies closer. " but do we need to provde them the means to undermine at the same time?

my .02 worth.

Quick Reply