Sep 05, 2001, 09:52 AM
Suspended Account

Long run servo wire torroidal etc. Where to find.

I am using slope racer 120 ws for elec. and am mounting the servos for elev. and rudder in tail so the servo wires are long. I am using f27 brushless power. reciever and servos are quite separated from motor stuff. What torroidal thingy's do I use and how many winds. What kind of wire to use for extension and solder or connectors.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2001, 03:11 PM
I would assume you are having problems?
Servos "Dancing" in your plane?

On my large gliders(four to six meter wing span) I do not use servo extentions, I solder to the servo wires.

I use individual wire from the electronic store, I get the three individual wires and chuck them on a drill and twist them tight( twisting of the wire shields the signals).

This works 95% of the time.

I do not use torroids, I use OPTO isolators when it gets real bad.
A active component that allows me to separate the signals and the grounds.

martin

Sep 07, 2001, 04:05 PM
Cal Slope Criminal@DV
Gman , don't try to fix the problem if you don't have one, if your servos are stable on a bench run then you should be OK to fly .I buy cores from local electronic surplus stores , there must be some in the SD area.

Earl
Sep 07, 2001, 04:05 PM
Gman2:

For toroid application information in general try Amidon Associates @
www.bytemark.com/amidon/

For specific devices I suggest cores made from 'material 43'. These work well to "soak up" RF energy in the range from HF (10 MHz) through VHF (300 MHz). The core material is described @
www.bytemark.com/amidon/ferrmat.htm

Once you've read a bit about the devices you can obtain them locally from Jack Althouse @ Palomar Engineers in Escondido, web @
www.palomar-engineers.com

His telephone is 760-747-3343. Jack is an expert in things RF and a very personable guy. If you'll explain your application he may well be able to provide an instant solution.

Ray