May 05, 2007, 06:59 PM
I got about 100 pics this afternoon, here are a few of the action that did go down. I had a great time, I hope we get to fly tomorrow, but the forcast is not good
Thanks Mike for the hospitality, I thoroughly enjoyed drinking beer in your back yard/garage. See you guys tomorrow........
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2007, 07:20 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Paul just told me there back up on the hill, but the wind is iffy. 4x4 only. " COMBAT ON "
May 05, 2007, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon 2
Paul just told me there back up on the hill, but the wind is iffy. 4x4 only. " COMBAT ON "
no way!!
May 05, 2007, 10:55 PM
Fly The Lift You're In
Looks like you guys are having fun. It's not so much raining or snowing here.

RM
May 06, 2007, 03:01 AM
Suspended Account
The day started pretty good. And of course being Colorado, did a drastic switch on us and we got slammed.

We had some cycling n/nw winds in the morning, which allowed for a swarm of a magnatiude that I've never seen before. When it was on, it was on... then of course, it would die off a bit and everyone was down, and back and forth it went for a while. Then the big clouds and fates fickle hand came in and shut down the wind. We watched storms in the south, heading our way and debated if they would go around or hit us, how long it would last if it hit us, and if it would bring wind (the most important part). Well, it did bring wind, some good savage south wind, but it also brought rain, and hail. And while some got in some killer combat for a while, it quickly became obvious it was time to get everyone off the hill (when the mud here get's wet, it sticks to everything and it's like being on ice, a 4x4 does no good).

It was near lunch time and everyone got down safely and headed over to Artmonsters for lunch. Good food and lots of BSing and many watched in amazement as we got pounded with huge chunks of snow.

Eventually the rain and snow stopped and a few ballsy fellows went back to see if they could get up the hill. They made it, and the phone calls went out, if you have a 4x4, you can get up there. So many did.

A little good wind for a bit, but then mother nature skunked us again. Rain started falling again, and it was quite an amazing, and at times terrifying ride down the hill, as it had got much more wet and slick.

Back to Artmonsters for the BBQ and all the fun.

Lots of good food, beer and talk, and the raffle and more beer and mixed drinks, and Cody's heads got to hurt in the morning.

Raffle results (quick results):

Goop: Artmonster, Mike J, Canuck, Donnie, Jime F, Rob D.
Bidirectional tape: Mike F, Dawson, Canuck, Rick W, Tonia.
Hitec Hats: Joe, Nick, Donnie, Ritch.
Hitec Shirts: Jim M., Canuck, Nick, Newbie.
2 HS 65mg's: Canuck, Dale.
2 HS 81mg's: Canuck, Dawson.
Lavawing 2007 Calender: Rick W, Jim M., Ritch.
Ez Glider Pro - Bigwave.
MicroBee - Dale.
Predatorized Bee - Mike J.
Zipper Kit - Lisa.
Dream Flight Weasel Pro - Joe.
Tough Planes P39 - Lisa.
LEG Guppy - Rick W.
60" V2 Lumberjack - Donnie.
SoaringUSA $100 Gift Certificate - Bigwave.
EatonAir Duster - Betsy O.
Edge RC Cat-1 Hurricane - Rick W.
Last edited by Arbo; Apr 12, 2011 at 12:58 AM.
May 06, 2007, 03:17 AM
Suspended Account
more pics...
Last edited by Arbo; Apr 12, 2011 at 12:59 AM.
May 06, 2007, 03:25 AM
Suspended Account
and more...
May 06, 2007, 10:27 AM
Diggin the Foam
Whats that green stuff on Flatt tops?

Damn, Maya is pissed she didn't get to track mud in your house. couldn't be any worse than Cody
Last edited by Tonasty; May 06, 2007 at 10:33 AM.
May 06, 2007, 05:52 PM
The lift is out there....
The real question now is what happened today? I had to bail last night. Insane conditions all the way back to Gunnison. By the time I got to the edge of town from Mike's house last night it was a whiteout. Couldn't go faster than 35 until Cimarron and could hardly see anything. Roads were off and on. I hope you guys got some killer flying in. It has been decent conditions up here today, no snow but good wind all afternoon.
May 06, 2007, 09:35 PM
Suspended Account
Today it was decided that Flat Top just wasn't an option, and after some discussions among some of the locals, and a lot of great advice from Mike Furcolow, we met up in the morning and did a caravan up to 'Big Mesa' in Delta. The road up was graveled, so all could get up there, and the top wasn't so bad. There are a lot of spots to fly up there, from just about every wind direction, and Greg did the big payoff scouting and found the spot that we spent most of the day at. It was a nice little ridge, and DS was on for a good part of the day, so day 2 of WCSC 2007 was a DS combat fest. It was amazing.

I'll get to all the totals and such after I get a chance to unwind and rest, proabably when someone starts up a nice 'aftermath' thread which (i believe) is gonna be PACKED full of some awesome photos. (whoever does, just link to it here and I'll close this one)

But to summarize, Team 'Coors Light' was the winning team, with a total of 45 kills, averaging 9 per person. Cody R, Cody W, Dave, Ian and Jeff. While quite a few people had double digit kills, Karl walked away the individual champion with a total of 24 kills.

Here are some photo's...
May 06, 2007, 09:38 PM
Suspended Account
a few more...
May 06, 2007, 10:02 PM
Breaker of wind and wings
WOW !

Methinks im gonna be flying in circles in my dreams tonight - hope i dont get dizzy lying bed.

Here's some of my pics from the past 2 days,...

Seems that "Spinal Tap" is the name of the ridge on Big Mesa.

-Konajoe
May 06, 2007, 10:05 PM
Breaker of wind and wings
Oops - upon closer inspection of pic 6, it looks like it's actually Lavawing doing the ole bob-n-weave while getting himself and his plane thru the death-zone.
May 06, 2007, 10:28 PM
Suspended Account
Like last year, I'll close this out and let all the reports, stories, pics and video's build up in the new aftermath thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682336

Thanks again to all the sponsors, Tonia and Lisa for the great food, all those that put in the work to bring it together and make it happen, and all the contestants for comming out again and really making it all worth it.

I'll write more later, after some down time. You guys should throw your pics up in the new thread too...

Moderator, you can unsticky this thread.

Quick Reply