New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Trisquire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 03:39 PM
Find More Posts by Trisquire
Intermediate Multi
Discussion

Tri-Squire

Midwest Tri-Squire
Last edited by Trisquire; Jan 23, 2007 at 11:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2007, 05:45 PM
Find More Posts by mack5

The good old days

one right, two left, three motor.. That was flying

Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2007, 11:30 AM
Intermediate Multi
Tell me more. I don't go that far back. My Tri-Squire had a Kraft Sport Series 5 channel, using rudder, elevator and throttle.

Tom
Old Jan 20, 2007, 12:55 PM
pd1
Find More Posts by pd1
pd1
Trisquire, do you still have one?

I had a couple, even had the Glassquire.
Most of mine were rudder and throttle only.Reed equipment.

The plans you show, depict the compound escapement, Babcock made it I think.
The escapements that I had didn't have throttle, but you had elevator.

1 click was right rudder, 2 clicks was up elevator, 3 clicks was left rudder, and 4 clicks gave you down elevator.
At least on the escapements I had.

I liked the plane useing rudder and throttle only, with the reed setup better than the escapements.
The Trisquire would roll real nice for wind penetration.
A 90 degree turn and full power it looped. it was a lot of fun.

Glad to see some people still remember it.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 12:57 PM
jrb
Find More Posts by jrb
jrb
Must have been a series of Tri Squires?

My dad had a big 40ish; and my little .049 w/Contol Air Mule (1 right & two left) looked the same too.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 02:32 PM
Intermediate Multi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd1
Trisquire, do you still have one?
I still have the fuselage and the OS Max .20 I flew it with. The wing and stab got left behind in New Jersey during one of my parent's moves. It's the plane a soloed on in the mid '70s. Someday, I'll build a new one from the plans. I might make it electric powered.

Tom
Old Jan 22, 2007, 04:09 PM
pd1
Find More Posts by pd1
pd1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisquire
I still have the fuselage and the OS Max .20 I flew it with. The wing and stab got left behind in New Jersey during one of my parent's moves. It's the plane a soloed on in the mid '70s. Someday, I'll build a new one from the plans. I might make it electric powered.

Tom
Tom, That's great, be nice to see one fly again.
Post pictures when you get it flying.

Paul
Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:32 PM
jrb
Find More Posts by jrb
jrb
Looks like there were a few members of the Midwest Xxx Squire family; I still think my little rudder only (about 36”) was more like a Tri, and my Dad’s was a lot larger than 51”:
Old Jan 23, 2007, 11:16 AM
Intermediate Multi
I tried to make my avatar look like a Tri-Squire ad. There's not enough room for: "Rudder Only, Intermediate Multi." I spelled my ID wrong too. There should be a dash between 'Tri' and 'Squire.' Oh well, it's too late now.

Tom
Old May 25, 2007, 12:38 PM
Find More Posts by jlballou
StereoAerial Photographer
Hey, Trisquire, I won a new, in-the-box trisquire kit (if you can believe it!) at a raffle at my flying club. It's the next up in my building schedule. It may break your heart, but I intend to build it as an E-power conversion with modern radio equipment.

Any advice on building it?

Thanks,
John
Old May 25, 2007, 01:45 PM
Intermediate Multi
John, That doesn't break my heart at all. If I built a Tri-Squire today, it would be E-powered. Mine had a Kraft radio, which was fairly contemporary.

I'm not sure if I could offer you much advice. It's a well designed kit. My father actually started the build in the early '70s. I was too young to do good work. On the final version, the fuselage was mine, and the wing and stab were his.

The Tri-Squire doesn't have a steerable nose gear. That's about the only thing I would change. I wish you the best. It's a great flier. Perhaps you can post some pictures.

Regards,
Tom
Old Aug 07, 2007, 09:49 AM
Find More Posts by old sunday flyer

Tri-Squire brings back memories

Hello,
Enjoyed your posts. The Tri_squire was the first RC that I managed to ROG.
Mine was equipped with Bonner Vericomp, OS 4 Claw motor escapement, Kraft hybrid reciever, (kit Built) had one tube and a few transisters. transmitter was an F&M Venus,(Bought used for $20.00) Power was a Fox 15.
Jerry
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:03 AM
Intermediate Multi
Thanks Jerry. Nicer color scheme than mine had.

Tom
Old Dec 26, 2008, 09:18 AM
Intermediate Multi
Another ad:
Old Aug 01, 2009, 09:51 PM
Find More Posts by zbrubaker
ParkScaleModels
One of my projects for the winter is to redesign the Tri-Squire for electric. I think I'll call it the E-Squire! I have a lot of fond memories on my original Tri-Squire, so I'm really looking forward to resurrecting it! If anyone is interested, I can make a kit available.

-Zeke