This thread is privately moderated by MicroRotors, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 17, 2007, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroRotors
The metal ones are GREAT for the garage ... but these are PERFECT for inside the house. The wife thinks it's furniture ... and not plumber's nightmare (no pun intended). If she's into that style, then by all means, use them. Remember ... this is all a way to get them INTO the house.
Ah, yes. SWMBO.

A 10'x10'x18' building shop in the back yard eliminates lots of 'noise'.
<g>
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2007, 08:00 AM
AMA# 851123
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroRotors
<snip>
Now here's a lazy mans project for you. My goal was to do something cheap and fast. I think I did just what I set out to do and then some. If you decide to make them, you can do as I did or go all out and make a nice pair for yourself. I am more than happy with how they turned out for the time and money spent on the job and I am sure you will be happy with it if you decide on making a set or two for yourself.

BTW - Just to give you some scale, thats a 4 meter on top.

Thanks for looking.

Bill
Dear Bill,

These racks look great! Now I just need to find some wall space!

Thanks, Bruce
Jan 18, 2007, 02:43 PM

Vertical Space

The Most overlooked storage space in the average home is the vertical/wall space. Walls are not just for hanging pictures anymore. Bill's rack system is a great starting point.

I'm currently designing a system that will have the dowels angled up a few degrees so I can store Monokote rolls on. I'm also working on plans for a flight box that won't be so durn heavy as the ones currently on the market. One solution is to replace the 1 gal. fuel jug with a half gallon jug. I'll post photos when I get one set-up. Also. I'll start a new thread so as not to change the direction of this thread that Bill has started. Thanks again, Bill.

Another problem I'm stuck with is to find a way to put all my gear in my pick up so things don't slide around and get busted. I have one of those very slick bed liners. Carpet might be one solution.

So, lets keep all the good ideas coming guys.

dick/dwreel

Quick Reply