Jan 10, 2007, 07:51 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

The Return of the Bug

After posting and quiting from the less than pleasant thread I started on the Bug earlier,https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617865, I started this thread to finish my story, as promised.

These Bugs are built stock, without any mods, as they are mainly meant for slope soaring and light HLG works. The sight of multiple Bugs floating around our local slope is something I longed for. Unfortunately, there isn't many flyers on our local slope who can build, as most of them only fly ARFs. This is where I come into the picture.
Last edited by Joe Yap; Jan 11, 2007 at 07:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2007, 08:01 AM
Thread OP
The builds are pretty standard and I'm not going through it. The first model is done and passed on to my close friend. I was considering using water-based polyurethane paint to seal the fuselage and tails, but the wet weather and humidity are the main concern and I chosed to film the entire airframe with different colors of Oracover Lite.
Jan 10, 2007, 08:03 AM
Thread OP
The second model is meant for myself. I installed 2 small Tamazo T62 servos, a Hitec feather RX and a photo lithium cell to complete the airframe.
Jan 10, 2007, 08:09 AM
Thread OP
The rest of the Bugs are distributed to my clubmates accordingly. All with different color combinations.
Jan 10, 2007, 08:15 AM
Thread OP
Just for fun......
Jan 10, 2007, 08:18 AM
Thread OP
What do you call them when they are placed on your bed?

BEDBUGS!!!! Enough to give you some sleepless nights, especially they have been described as 'explicit'.
Jan 10, 2007, 08:35 AM
Thread OP
The above are all the standard Bugs. I have started on the new variant of it. Again, I started off by making a 'kit'.
Jan 10, 2007, 08:39 AM
Thread OP
Using the CAD program, I plotted the riblets and installed them between each ribs. I know, it has been done on other thread, but I want to try it out on my own to see the difference for myself. Lightening holes are cut onto the ribs and riblets to save weight, although seriously, I do not know how much I managed. It gives me blisters on my fingers though.

Have I digusted any of you yet?
Jan 10, 2007, 08:42 AM
Thread OP
The wings are built and joined. Wait a minute, do you sense anything wrong with the last few pictures????
Jan 10, 2007, 09:13 AM
You manufracturer you!

Planes look perfect, very nice!
Jan 10, 2007, 02:07 PM
Int'l Slope Observer

Simply Amazing

Those Bugs are beautiful!!!

Happy Flying ;-)

John
Jan 10, 2007, 03:34 PM
No guts no glory
Joe,

Very nice indeed...I also just recently made a Bug, with a normal tail,
a Mark Drela profile and slightly bigger wingspan than indicated on the
original drawing (from RCM for about $ 10 including postage ).
I think The Bug it is a lovely model. I don't know yet how mine will fly
(it's very bad winter weather here in The Netherlands ).
Cheers

Bart
Jan 10, 2007, 03:59 PM
Where can i buy the Icarex cover? (to use it on F1A free flight glider)
Thanks.
Jan 10, 2007, 04:16 PM
No guts no glory
Icarex can be bought in any kite shop,
for instance here
Cheers

Bart

Quick Reply