Jan 09, 2007, 09:49 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Non-members visit Mission?

Hi there. I'm thinking about maybe becoming a member. I've been getting more into sailplanes but have mostly been flying around a big field near my house.

Are you guys going up there this time of year? This week has been really calm, nice for floating around at the park but not so much for the sloap, right? I'd like to stop by some time and check out the goings on.

I have an Omega II and a Chrysalis HLG I'd like to try on the slope (on a nice calm day .

Jeff
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2007, 01:15 AM
Hey Jeff,

Depending on the winds at mission, we go up their and catch thermals on the light days. and some combonations of slope. The only thing is where not allowed electric motors, by the East Bay Regenal Parks. Just mostly Sailplanes and gliders. I can't judge if the omega II can fly without using the motor. may sunday I might be up their.

Tim
Jan 10, 2007, 02:35 AM
Slopeaholic
Ooh, didn't know about the electric thing, I've flown my Kelly up there. Of course the motor was off about 95% of the time. The Chrysalis would be right at home up there Jeff. Trust me, the less you have to carry up that hill the better.

-hutch
Jan 10, 2007, 03:21 AM
Thread OP
Oh, cool, I have a Kelly Acro too.

The Omega could definitely fly w/o the motor, but in light breeze I'd just like to play around with the Chrysalis.

I've also got an old-school built up Spirit 2m that might be fun to dig out.

Sat morning's it for me this weekend (I have to watch football Sun morning ). Let me know if anyone's going to be up there.

Jeff

(I can't believe I spelled slope sloap )
Jan 10, 2007, 12:20 PM
High Lift Coefficient
Jeff,
There is a club meeting tonight. You can attend and join the club. Soon you'll get your membership card and can fly at Mission anytime you want. Go to sbss.org for meeting location.

Sean
Jan 10, 2007, 02:56 PM
Thread OP
Ok, I think I'll do that.

Quick Reply