Old Aug 07, 2001, 06:24 PM
Find More Posts by byebyeplane

X-WING

Is it possible to make a model rc replica of a X-Wing or is just not possible?
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2001, 06:53 PM
Find More Posts by byebyeplane
I want to know if the exact desighn can be made not one with a sabilizer in the frount or something.
Old Aug 07, 2001, 07:34 PM
Find More Posts by Ben74
that one on ebay isn't very "scale", is it? i believe it should be possible to build one without a canard or vertical stabilizers between the wingtips. just gotta get the cg right. let us know if you try it.
Old Aug 07, 2001, 10:03 PM
Find More Posts by Gerry Markgraf
"Future Flight" - the maker of the "Klingberg Wing" kits made a kit of an 05 electric powered "X-wing" aircraft about 10 -15 years ago. I still have one, but never got around to building it. It had the canard in front, but I don't remember any vertical surfaces between the wings. I always wondered how it would land with the lower wings sticking down. If you look around, you may be able to find a kit. It was very well done with lots of photo illustrations in the building instructions.
Gerry
Old Aug 07, 2001, 10:56 PM
Find More Posts by phreak
NaTaLiEs aLL mInE
go to rcstore.com-i've seen an x-wing fighter there and it looked pretty scale & you buy it as a plan. its got a 36in ws, requires a 4ch rad, but is made for a .25-.45 glow. if you really wanted it, maybe you can convert it...
Old Apr 28, 2002, 11:58 AM
Find More Posts by ufisch

flying x-wing

http://www.theartofstarwars.de/uwe_f...r_rcxwing.html

Old Apr 28, 2002, 12:39 PM
Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Ascended Master

Re: X-WING

Quote:
Originally posted by byebyeplane
Is it possible to make a model rc replica of a X-Wing or is just not possible?
I don't know of any limits to what is flyable in a model.
Full-scales have human factors to consider.. models can ignore that.