Oct 19, 2003, 02:05 AM
last
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2003, 01:40 PM
AMA 670207
Very nice Steve!!
Hmm......I'm kinda liking that landing gear thing.
Randy, you checking this out?

Perry
Oct 19, 2003, 05:12 PM
I'm watching all the time! Just not speaking daily. The gear would never work for me. I have only grass available anywhere I fly. I would get sheared off quickly.
Even after a couple of years I still love mine. I flew it Saturday and today...at different fields. Today was dead still air and it did a long slide on wet grass for the landing....ssooooo pretty!
Perry, as you probably recall, I have flown mine on a single 7 cell pack now for the past 2 years. Well I finally got some cells and made an 8 cell 2400 for it. It launchs better without drifting down. That one other cell puts some punch in it! I won't have to borrow your 8 cell pack to see if I like it now... It makes for a safer launch for sure.

Randy
Oct 19, 2003, 05:19 PM
8 cells? I've been using a 7 cell pack for two years now. Hand lauched great too. No drop to the groud at all, just a steady climb out.

I would think 8 cells might be pushing the motors a bit but maybe not. How many watts, amps are you pulling with 8 cells. I have a 40 amp controller in mine.

Thanks Randy,

Steve
Oct 19, 2003, 07:11 PM
AMA 670207
Geez youz guys!
I've been running with 8 cells since day numero uno. I've never flown her with 7 cells. Last time I looked , if memory serves me correctly, I was pulling around 35 to 40 amps (hot off the charger) kicking down to about 32 to 34 just putzing around at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. I'd have to setup the Wattsup meter to get the exact numbers again.

I am using a Jeti 50 amp ESC in mine and had no problems whatsoever in the last couple of years. Still love flying her.

Perry
Oct 19, 2003, 07:33 PM
Darn kids anyways!!!! Always have to have hotrods..

I had flown mine on the only Sub c pack I owned, and it was 7 cell. It also was used in my Electric Scout so it got a lot of flight hours. I've expanded my E-flight parts and experience somewhat the last couple of years and now have an 8 cell just for the B-29. Not to frilly is it??? The 7 cell is now used in a speedy 05 ARF and my 73 inch 05 geared Playboy so its still in the mix.
Will get the Whatt meter out and check things as I have not measured anything since switching packs. I know I was in good range of my Kontronics 40 amp when I built it but have memory lapse as to the numbers right now.
The 7 cell flew it fine at no more than 1/2 throttle but when I would hand launch by myself it would sink due to a very slow, light single hand toss...the 8 cell pulls noticably harder. You may want to give it a try someday, I like it.
Perry, being the good friend he is, was going to send me an 8 cell to see how I liked it. I assume he knew I would like it and would hook me on it. I appreciated his offer but kept flying 7 cell until recently, I won't go back I rekon.

Randy
Oct 19, 2003, 10:04 PM
AMA 670207
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyL
Darn kids anyways!!!! Always have to have hotrods..

Perry, being the good friend he is, was going to send me an 8 cell to see how I liked it. I assume he knew I would like it and would hook me on it. I appreciated his offer but kept flying 7 cell until recently, I won't go back I rekon.

Randy

!
Perry
Oct 26, 2003, 03:47 AM
Used the aluminum insulation tape. Found it at Home Depot. No lettering on it to remove.

Works very well. I wonder how it compares to flight metal because a very large roll is only 7 bucks.

Also stuck some nose art on too.

Steve
Oct 26, 2003, 06:34 AM
Whatta job...Looks great!

Randy
Oct 26, 2003, 10:45 AM
AMA 670207
Quote:
Originally posted by U812
Used the aluminum insulation tape. Found it at Home Depot. No lettering on it to remove.

Works very well. I wonder how it compares to flight metal because a very large roll is only 7 bucks.

Also stuck some nose art on too.

Steve
Steve,
Looking sharp buddy!
Flite Metal is a bit thinner but not by much. I also found the insulation tape at Home Depot and tried it out and it works fine but the adhesive seems a bit less tacky than the Flite Metal.

Perry
Oct 27, 2003, 01:31 AM
Is this a kit or just plans? I want to spend money!!
Oct 27, 2003, 10:49 PM
Hey!

Who can cut me the foam for this bad boy!?!
Oct 28, 2003, 04:51 AM

B-29

Bob Mellon at flyingfoam.com cut mine. He already has all the info for the updated B-29 and he has cut several. His work is perfection and professional as is his packing shipping. Cost is $100.00 and worth every penny.
Rob
Oct 29, 2003, 08:36 PM

8 B29 CUT

HELLO
I have finished cutting a batch of b29s
they are cut out of white foam picture was tahen on blue foam and foam looks like its ping foam its not
light weight 1 pound cubic foot
i have A source for foam now that is thicker than 2 inches
but it is a 2 1/2 hour round trip drive?

so i got as much as would fit in my ranger
all ready sold 2

one for 50
2 for 85
plus shipping
shipping can be any were from 12 to 25 dollars

will sell single pcs too
Oct 29, 2003, 08:39 PM

foam pictures

more pictures