Oct 16, 2003, 12:28 AM
Registered User
Perry,

Looking great, the plane that is:

What would you think if I put out a glass fused version of this plane?It won't happen right away but soon if the interest is there.

Can't wait to put the clear nose on mine. You going to do the same??

Steve
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2003, 12:38 AM
MultipleCrashSurvivor
drksyd's Avatar
Perry, great job on your Super Fortress. Very nice, even down to the ribs on the tail feather.
I'm really glad that Jim created his plans and Dennis can cut the foam fuse's. For those of us that can't get the original TA kits, this is the answer to our dreams.
Oct 16, 2003, 12:40 AM
AMA 670207
Rudderman98's Avatar
Quote:
Originally posted by U812
Perry,

Looking great, the plane that is:

What would you think if I put out a glass fused version of this plane?It won't happen right away but soon if the interest is there.

Can't wait to put the clear nose on mine. You going to do the same??

Steve
Gee thanks Steve!

Steve,
You make a glass fuse version and I might consider building another WITH retracts. Yes, you heard it here first. From the guy who doesn't believe in landing gear on this bird.

Don't...you.... do... it....!!!!

As far as a new nose, I dunno. My original still looks good and I really don't feel like cutting all the Flitemetal all over again (right Tim ) I have new projects vying for my attention wink, wink.

Perry
Oct 16, 2003, 12:45 AM
Registered User
Well I'll think about it real hard while I finish the Huck. It would be worth it just to see you rolling down a runway!!

Never liked the nose on mine, so I'll do the new one. Got a meet coming up Nov. 9th and we got to look good. She'll be 2 years old this Christmas.

Steve
Oct 16, 2003, 12:52 AM
AMA 670207
Rudderman98's Avatar
Quote:
Originally posted by drksyd
Perry, great job on your Super Fortress. Very nice, even down to the ribs on the tail feather.
I'm really glad that Jim created his plans and Dennis can cut the foam fuse's. For those of us that can't get the original TA kits, this is the answer to our dreams.

drksyd,

Thank you.
Since you're in Hawaii, I suppose there are some really nice places you can slope fly? The '29 would make an even better sloper. Add motors, and you'll have the best of both worlds.

Perry
Oct 16, 2003, 12:58 AM
AMA 670207
Rudderman98's Avatar
Quote:
Originally posted by U812
Well I'll think about it real hard while I finish the Huck. It would be worth it just to see you rolling down a runway!!

Never liked the nose on mine, so I'll do the new one. Got a meet coming up Nov. 9th and we got to look good. She'll be 2 years old this Christmas.

Steve
Steve,
Okay

If you need some closeups on the nosework, email me and I'll send you some jpegs. Jim's is very nice (nose) and there is a lot of detail from his pics here on this thread. I also have some closeup shots of T-Square 54 from the Museum of Flight here in Seattle that my good friend Tim O'Mahony took. If you want those.........oh what the heck. I'll post some of them here.

No. It's not snowing in Seattle. These were taken last year.

Perry
Last edited by Rudderman98; Oct 16, 2003 at 01:19 AM.
Oct 16, 2003, 01:00 AM
AMA 670207
Rudderman98's Avatar
Nose side.

HEY! 1000 posts!
Perry
Oct 16, 2003, 01:02 AM
AMA 670207
Rudderman98's Avatar
How about some engine shots!

Perry
Oct 16, 2003, 01:04 AM
AMA 670207
Rudderman98's Avatar
Engine shot 2
Oct 16, 2003, 01:06 AM
AMA 670207
Rudderman98's Avatar
How about some tail shots too!
Oct 16, 2003, 01:09 AM
AMA 670207
Rudderman98's Avatar
I hope these pics will help you on your detailing of the B-29. I know they helped me.
Have fun!!

Perry
Oct 16, 2003, 01:09 AM
MultipleCrashSurvivor
drksyd's Avatar
There are but I'm not really into slope soaring. However, it would definitely be something different to see a B-29 out there.

Steve
If you build it we will buy it. Retracts would be cool. I wouldn't be able to use it most of the time but it would be nice to have when I could use them.
Oct 18, 2003, 07:45 PM
Registered User
bump
Oct 19, 2003, 02:03 AM
Registered User
Ok guys, that 2. It will take some time but I will get them made. Looks like I'm going to need some more help soon. In particular, someone to do glass lay-ups for me. I'm looking.

Well I got the nose on, a rudder (pull-pull) and landing gear.

I put a lot of detail in the cockpit but itís hard to see in this late afternoon lighting. Iíll take some more in the sun tomorrow.


Steve
Oct 19, 2003, 02:04 AM
Registered User
another


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-29 plans BRADJ Scale Kit/Scratch Built 17 Oct 31, 2013 01:53 AM
Discussion Giant Scale electric B-29 plans! Ryan Archer Scale Kit/Scratch Built 19 Sep 30, 2007 01:24 AM
Ralph Beck H-B W-29 plans? temacc Scale Kit/Scratch Built 1 Sep 09, 2007 05:46 AM
Discussion b-17, b-52, p-38, b-29 plans donanton Electric Plane Talk 5 Apr 05, 2007 10:25 PM
WANTED: Guillows B-29 Superfortress plans,(or equivilent) Demon-Leather Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Dec 22, 2002 11:32 PM