Jul 07, 2021, 02:53 PM
Intermediate Multi
I don't have a CNC cutter, but I just picked up a tip from your blog. Mill all the parts before you even cut them out of the foam sheet.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2021, 01:36 AM
srl
srl
Now got all the parts on the sheet. Next is to set the Z levels in the layer names and test the Gcode.

srl
Jul 15, 2021, 06:02 PM
srl
srl
Its all now cutout. Next is painting.

srl
Jul 20, 2021, 04:51 PM
srl
srl
Painting and under bracing all done. I ordered more foam safe glue from Model flight and it arrived from interstate 24hours later so no hold-ups now to get this build flying.

srl
Last edited by srl; Jul 24, 2021 at 03:54 AM.
Jul 24, 2021, 04:15 AM
srl
srl
Finished and flying at 94grams.
I used old school components for this classic build.
AR6300 rx, D47 servos on 2cell and a YEP esc.

I had forgotten how nice and small the YEP ESC's where. Compared to my deep symmetrical fuselage design it feels faster and wants to fall out of the knife edge.
Also needs some wing bracing along the wing hinge.

Now planing the next build with more modern gear in the hope it will be better.
Maybe a 32bit esc with small EMAX servos to get to 90g ?
Last edited by srl; Jul 24, 2021 at 01:30 PM.
Jul 24, 2021, 11:40 AM
Intermediate Multi
I don't know if there is a modern D47 equivalent. Whenever I check the website, they're sold it.
Jul 24, 2021, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srl
Finished and flying at 94grams.
I used old school components for this classic build.
AR6300 rx, D47 servos on 2cell and a YEP esc.

I had forgotten how nice and small the YEP ESC's where. Compared to my deep symmetrical fuselage design it feels faster and wants to fall out of the knife edge.
Also needs some wing bracing along the wing hinge.

Now planing the next build with more modern gear in the hope it will be better.
Maybe a 32bit esc with small EMAX servos to get to 90g ?
Cracking model and very handy if you have the tools. I'm looking at my 140 grams 2.2, first foray into depron and F3P, way to much carbon, way to much glue and a 2 servo wing. We live and learn. Have you not considered something like this (it's only 1 Euro to download the plan)

https://www.pauzuolis-rc.com/rc-shop...ns/deluxe-v3-5
Jul 24, 2021, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisquire
I don't know if there is a modern D47 equivalent. Whenever I check the website, they're sold it.
Good servo, cheaper, very good centering and about the same weight. In fact I prefer them and I've used both a lot. You can get lighter ones from Blue Arrow as well, I have a few of them, and some more servos; Blue Arrow D03013 real weight is 3.35g. Blue Arrow BA-TS-3.6 real weight 3.6g and finally a Turnigy TGY-1370A real weight 4.69g. "Real weight" to me is with cables, plug, servo arm and screw so you can lose a bit by stripping everything back.

https://www.hyperflight.co.uk/produc...07s-4-5g-7-6mm
Jul 24, 2021, 11:04 PM
srl
srl
I've ordered some Emax Es9051 and Es9251 11 for the tail. I have some HK so251's but they have been sitting around for years.

Here is my version of the Index 3, Wing and tail have no changes. I had to do a Pdf convert as dxf wont upload. You can convert it back and use Qcad to make it even better!

srl
Jul 25, 2021, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srl
I had to do a Pdf convert as dxf wont upload.
You can upload the dxf file just by changing the file extension to pdf. The forum doesn't actually check the file type, it just allows certain extensions and not others. Once someone downloads the renamed dxf file they just rename it back and it will work fine.

Mark
Jul 25, 2021, 02:54 PM
Intermediate Multi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tctele
Good servo, cheaper, very good centering and about the same weight. In fact I prefer them and I've used both a lot. You can get lighter ones from Blue Arrow as well, I have a few of them, and some more servos; Blue Arrow D03013 real weight is 3.35g. Blue Arrow BA-TS-3.6 real weight 3.6g and finally a Turnigy TGY-1370A real weight 4.69g. "Real weight" to me is with cables, plug, servo arm and screw so you can lose a bit by stripping everything back.

https://www.hyperflight.co.uk/produc...07s-4-5g-7-6mm
Thanks tctele.
Aug 01, 2021, 10:40 PM
srl
srl
The Emax servos arrived. Only about 1 gram less when I include the BEC. Nice and fast on 4.8v , but so are the old used D47's.

srl
Aug 02, 2021, 08:07 AM
Just a point on the D47's which probably won't apply here but more FYI. They are supposed to run HV ie you can run them on a 2S. You can if you go within the parameters stated on the box, go over and they'll fry. Your full 2S charge will typically be too much for the servo so just be aware. I fried 2 of them a while back and they aren't cheap.
Aug 02, 2021, 12:20 PM
Intermediate Multi
So you can only charge a pack part way if you've direct wired your D47s?
Aug 02, 2021, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisquire
So you can only charge a pack part way if you've direct wired your D47s?
That was MY experience yes as a fully charged pack will go over 8.4v granted not by much but by enough in my case. Others may chirp in hopefully with how they overcame this

Quick Reply