Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 05, 2007, 02:39 PM
That thing's operational!
Question

Su-25 Frogfoot.... got any plans?

Hey guys! How's it going? I'm just trying to track down a set of plans for the Su-25 Frogfoot. It's kind of like a Russian version of the A-10, and since I am thinking about building an A-10 sometime I thought it might be fun to build a Su-25 to go with it! The A-10 might be scratch-built and I dunno whether they'll be pusher props or EDFs, but first I just wanted to track down some plans for the Su-25 since I don't have a model to base a scratch build off of for it.
I've found one plan at the PSS model airplane plans site, but I haven't contacted the people there yet. I suppose that I'll e-mail them later. However, I just wanted to find out if anyone has a copy of or has access to a set of plans for the Su-25. I think there were some plans in the Quiet Flyer magazine volume 9 issue 10, and I just purchased what looks like a .pdf file of that plan from their website but it doesn't look like they'll be available to call on the phone until monday. I don't know exactly what it is I bought, but it said something like "Su-25 frogfoot plan .pdf page 72 of issue 10 volume 9" so I'm hoping that this is the plan. It was only $0.50 so even it I bought the wrong thing I suppose I can't really get too upset!
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it!

Matt
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2007, 02:34 PM

Su-25 plans

Hi!
I've founded this plan on the net: http://72.14.221.104/search?q=cache:...n&ct=clnk&cd=1

There are many good plans, edf and pusher jet
Greetings from Florence!!
Jan 07, 2007, 03:45 PM
Here's one I made a while back. I don't have my plan for it anymore, but if you do a 'google' there are some great 3 views out there. This one was made using laminated depron, flew great :-)
Last edited by Neil Straker; Jan 07, 2007 at 04:05 PM.
Jan 07, 2007, 04:48 PM
That thing's operational!
Hey 80,

Hi! Thanks so much for that link, I appreciate it! Wow, there are some really neat designs at that page. I'm a big fan of the www.parkjets.com page, but somehow I've never seen this plage at all. Thanks for the link! Wow, there are some L-39 plans there and an F-86 plan too! Neat! Those might be fun for a foam conversion I'd bet. Thanks again.

Neil,

Hey buddy! Thanks for that information. Man, great looking Su-25! The Su-25 has such a big wing that I bet it'd just be a really nice flyer. I like the kid too, he looks like a natural pilot!
Thanks for the info, actually a friend just emailed me some really nice plans that he made for a Su-25 that is sized to fly with two EDF50's. I might build it, but I might size it up for EDF-55's just because that's the size fans that my packs would most likely work well with. A twin EDF50 set-up might work with 1300 packs too though, I'll have to look up the specs on 12mm brushless motors for the EDF50's.
Thanks for that info again, I appreciate it! I'll look forward to the possibility of building a Su-25 sometime.

Matt
Jan 07, 2007, 05:09 PM
Hi Matt, mine was a pusher, there's a thread on here somewhere but all my pics got deleted

Here's a couple more pics:
Jan 07, 2007, 05:11 PM
Just checked, I built that in 2001!!! How time flies! (geddit?)
Jan 07, 2007, 05:18 PM
Back in black............
Matt would you email me those plane I got a set of edf 55 for xmas and have been trying to figure out what to put them in

thanks mike
Feb 28, 2011, 07:28 AM
Nice model, but isn't there suppsed to be pods on the wing tips? Check out my scratch built....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ighlight=su+25

I have kits available

superduperjetspeed@yahoo.com