Mar 16, 2007, 02:01 PM
OK Andy and thanks for the reply-- I, like you, enjoy tinkering and trying out mods etc.
I will put on the Curtis Youngblood 325 blades when I get courage enuf to not worry about whacking them againstr the side of an auto (ha).

Gonna send you a PM about another conceryn I have w. MT.

Paul in Gainesville Georgia
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2007, 10:51 PM
Mine is on the way. Gonna try A123's I think have to see how this thing flies with extra weight.
Mar 17, 2007, 09:11 AM
Hi Ozace,
What do you think of the TT Ace servos? (I take it these are the TT recommended servos..)
I will have to buy some servos with my mini-titan, so am looking at the available options....
I don't mind doing some mods to get servos to fit, but if the Ace ones are good I won't need to do the extra work
Mar 17, 2007, 04:46 PM
I put the spare Walkera head on and that did the trick. It tracks perfectly now. It turns out the first head had a bent spindle. Not sure how that happened, but the 2nd one is fine. The only problem now is that I need to use beefier blade bolts than what came with the Walkera head. Both of these bent under the strain of a headspeed of 3300 and 14+ degrees of pitch.

Power from the Z10A-3300 and the 4s-2200 TP Extreme pack was, as expected, pretty nutty. At first we just tried it with whatever the max pitch was that was set into the Walkera MFS head. Turns out that was about +/- 16 degrees. The 100% h/s was around 3300-3350. Even with 16 degrees of pitch it didn't bog but we couldn't keep it from doing uncommanded piros on hard punchouts. We dialed the pitch down to about +/- 14 degrees, which helped a bit, but it still piros, just at a slower rate. I'm going to try some CF tail blades, to see if that helps at all. The stock TT plastic ones aren't cutting it at all. The mains are just the old Align wooden ones that I've used on TRexes. I didn't see the point of trying some CF SABs or V-Blades, until we get the tail under control.

With such a high headspeed this little beast is extremely fast. Dan has younger/better eyes, so for my own use, I might dial it down slightly, to about 3000-3100. I got some video, which I will post later, once I figure out how to get it out of the camera (it's new, and records MPEG4 HD to a 4 GB SD card...). I did not have the FDR attached, but I will try and do that tomorrow.

Oh, the other thing that totally amazed me was that the Z10A-3300 never got more than a degree or two above ambient, which was in the low 80s today.

-- Gary
Mar 17, 2007, 04:58 PM
Sussex, UK
Here's a little mod to the battery tray - my batteries are 28mm high and the canopy didn't fit properly. My gyro and tail servo are pretty light-weight, so it may not be a problem for most people.

I wonder if I colour in the aluminium with a blue marker pen, will the Trex SE guys get the joke? ;-)

Also, my motor gets fairly hot and I'm just doing basic FF, no 3D and very rarely using full collective. Is there anything I should be checking? I've not really explored pitch and throttle curves as my radio (futaba FF6) is pretty basic.
Mar 19, 2007, 09:28 AM
How high does it go?..duh
http://www.realraptors.co.uk/zen-car...&cPath=133_132

Metal upgrade bits now for pre-order, End of March ETA

Just ordered mine
Mar 19, 2007, 02:02 PM
Renewed interest
Thread OP
Wow pdf, they look very reasonable prices for the UK.
I cant wait to get hold of a metal headblock, washout and mixing arms. The rest will stay plastic on mine until i get a feel for what it needs.
Mar 19, 2007, 03:09 PM
Ace Hobby (US distributor...) is getting their monthly containers tomorrow or Wednesday. Hopefully all these same bits will be in one of these. I'm hopeful that at least we'll get the head bits and maybe the stronger tail and some CF tail blades. Yesterday I swapped out the flimsy plastic stock white ones for some hard plastic TRex versions that are pretty stiff. Unfortunately, we didn't get to try them, because the ball link on the end of the control rod split when we were trying to adjust the linkage to get a bit more slider travel.

I'm editing the video from Saturday's flight right now, which I will post here a bit later.

-- Gary
Mar 19, 2007, 03:28 PM
Ohhhh my god LOL

WELL OVER 200.00 if you add em all up LOL LOL LOL

is what the wife will say LOL
Mar 19, 2007, 04:21 PM
usual old know-it-all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozace
Wow pdf, they look very reasonable prices for the UK.
I cant wait to get hold of a metal headblock, washout and mixing arms. The rest will stay plastic on mine until i get a feel for what it needs.
so do you think these bits will get rid of the blade tracking problem?
mines a real pain in the a.... but crazy enough,still flies great
Mar 19, 2007, 04:24 PM
Renewed interest
Thread OP
It better
Mar 19, 2007, 04:49 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Ozace,

Have you attempted to epoxy the plastic head block to the main rotor shaft? I know that this is crude, but it does appear to work.

It cured the tracking and shuddering issues on mine completley.
Mar 19, 2007, 04:54 PM
Renewed interest
Thread OP
Clem, as i have a lot on right now i decided to just wait for the metal parts.
I did read about your cure and considered it,( very clever) then i thought about some of the other projects i have on the go and decided to just wait for the bling.
Mar 19, 2007, 04:54 PM
How high does it go?..duh
I went for the washout base and the block to start with, Im still looking for the TT blade grip spacers and greenies though.

Quick Reply