Oct 09, 2007, 05:07 PM
headSpeed++;
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey721
This is out of context, but were could I purchase a new USB interlink controller, or make my DX7 work with G3. As posted sometime back my old controller had the usb chewed by a small but determined pug. I figure I could redo it with no luck. I just reloaded my pc and I want to use the program but the controller went south, is there a way to use the DX7 if so how do I get it to work. Anybody know if the first issue usb interlink(G2) will work in g3, if I take the cord off and redo it in the g3 interlink? Thanks for any info.
I've seen an adapter for using the DX7 with FS1, but I don't think there is anything available for G3.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2007, 12:03 PM
Damn - that is scary, makes you think twice about these things! Glad you are ok
Oct 10, 2007, 04:09 PM
I think I'm going to go with JR S285 servos on the swash because they're included with the DX7 radio kit...I've been reading that HS-65 users need to put shims on the servo mounts for them to line up with the balls on the swash? Is this the case with the S285s, or will I be fine with no shims? And whats a good tail servo? I'm looking at the Futaba S3154 but I've heard some people say it's too weak. Is this true?
Oct 10, 2007, 07:37 PM
headSpeed++;
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitum
I think I'm going to go with JR S285 servos on the swash because they're included with the DX7 radio kit...I've been reading that HS-65 users need to put shims on the servo mounts for them to line up with the balls on the swash? Is this the case with the S285s, or will I be fine with no shims? And whats a good tail servo? I'm looking at the Futaba S3154 but I've heard some people say it's too weak. Is this true?
The stock balls and screws are too small for the JR servo arms so you'll probably need to pick up some align ball links. I ended up using CA and small strips of paper to get them to fill the gap, but it was a pain. I'm using the 3154 on the tail with my 2100T and it works great for me.
Oct 10, 2007, 09:08 PM
Heli Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitum
For strength and durability I'd probably go witha 9257 or a 9650 on the tail. If you are trying to save weight then the Robbe FS61BB is a much better performer than the 3154 or the 9650. I just received mine today and fitted it to my EP100 Pro. I was able to increase my gain from 50% with the 3154 to 65% with the FS61BB.
Oct 11, 2007, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailStrike
The stock balls and screws are too small for the JR servo arms so you'll probably need to pick up some align ball links. I ended up using CA and small strips of paper to get them to fill the gap, but it was a pain. I'm using the 3154 on the tail with my 2100T and it works great for me.
What I did was took trex balls and put them on the servo horns and then put a bigger link on one end of the linkage. So far it is working perfect.

I did use ca also I just did not feel safe. Still a good idea.
Oct 11, 2007, 11:12 PM
Suspended Account
Hey guys, I got a Metal Silver Thunder Tiger Swash that I'll be posting up to sell shorty if anybodies interested.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...20#post8344102
Last edited by brovic777; Oct 12, 2007 at 01:28 AM.
Oct 12, 2007, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brovic777
Hey guys, I got a Metal Silver Thunder Tiger Swash that I'll be posting up to sell shorty if anybodies interested.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...20#post8344102
darn man, you always got somthing to sell. what are you up next
Oct 12, 2007, 03:00 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyer101
darn man, you always got somthing to sell. what are you up next
I just got a red swash that matches my Kasama head. So the silver one's gotta go now. Nobody want a nice silver metal swatch to upgrade thier Mini-T?

For those that are upgrading to metal head and tail, be careful of your plastic pulley's as mine melted. I replaced them on the tail on rear gear with metal.

Here's what my latest upgrade looks like!!! u like???

Oct 12, 2007, 09:47 PM
Team Me!
Brovic,

You GOTTA turn off your flash when your taking pictures next time

Things come out MUCH cleaner.

Nice heli! Just gotta get a new frame and nothing will be stock anymore except what, the tail case?

Joel
Oct 12, 2007, 09:57 PM
Suspended Account
Me like the flashy!!!!

I'll get the new frame after I first finish building my new Nitro, buy a Trex 500, then get the CF Mini-T Frame!!
Oct 12, 2007, 11:11 PM
im putting together my kasama head right now as we speak. anyone notice how the parts diagram for the kasama head shows the flybar control arms balls mounted on the wrong side? makes me wonder what is the correct way to mount the arms themselves. any ideas?
Oct 12, 2007, 11:14 PM
Team Me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckk
im putting together my kasama head right now as we speak. anyone notice how the parts diagram for the kasama head shows the flybar control arms balls mounted on the wrong side? makes me wonder what is the correct way to mount the arms themselves. any ideas?
Shouldnt matter,

Right is right and left is left, no matter what way the cage is.

Joel
Oct 12, 2007, 11:27 PM
I just bought RealFlight3.5 and got the flight pack with the Mini-Titan

Figured it would be cheaper buying RealFlight and crashing a Sim than replacing parts while I progress from being only able to fly with the tail-in all the time.

Up, down, side to side is only so much fun when all you can do is fly with the tail pointed at you.

Dave
(pretty spectacular crashes on the sim though!)
Last edited by Probedude; Oct 13, 2007 at 02:24 PM. Reason: typo
Oct 12, 2007, 11:42 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckk
I just followed the diagram exactly.

u need a nice swash to go with that Kasama head? I got a nearly new one if you want to buy it..

Quick Reply