New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2007, 06:13 PM
Find More Posts by nige-b
Discussion

Should you use a 4 or 6 channel Tx?

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a Honey Bee CP2 helicopter which comes with the 6CH CCPM transmitter.

Is it preferable to use this transmitter (with an apropriately purchased cable) or purchase for example the 4 channel esky dummy transmitter that can be picked up very cheaply with a simulator?

Can you successfully use a 4 channel tx in simulator programs to simulate a 6 channel tx?

Would it cause 'learning' problems using a 4 channel tx with the simulator and then trying to use a 6 channel tx with the HB CP2 in the real world!

Thanks,

Nigel

I haven't decided on the simulator software yet.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2007, 07:05 PM
Ade
Find More Posts by Ade
Ade
Instructor
some handle 4 better than others. Some wont take input from a USB device.

at the end of the day the more channels you have the more realistic it will be. CP helis use 5/6 channels for a very good reason.

incase you havnt see it, take a look at

www.phoenix-sim.com

dont take my word for it either;

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=559220

Ade
Old Jan 03, 2007, 11:32 PM
Find More Posts by CanCanCase
I can hover a foamy!
When flying in any sim, you ought to get the controls as close as possible to what you'll be using in real life. FS One makes a big deal out of reassigning any channels that you don't have to the keyboard. But then what will happen when you're out of control, near crash, and your instinctive muscle-memory tells you to reach for the keyboard to autorotate (just for example?)

If I'm flying anything more than a 4-channel foamy, I always want to plug my real Tx in to the sim... keep it real!

-Case