Jan 02, 2007, 05:04 PM
Ascended Master
Thread OP
Discussion

Blade CX-2 for airplanes..

I put the 4-in-1 from my CX-2 heli into a parkflier.
The motor into the right motor socket.. used a female-to-female JST pigtail to make the fit..
Rudder into aileron, and elevator into elevator..
Checking all the DIP switch assignments on the front panel of the LP5DSM transmitter against what happens with the airplane, I get this.
CX-2 Dip switch assignments,,,, rudder-elevator-motor airplane.
Switch 1.. Off....no effect
. .......... On... no effect
Switch 2.. Off... no effect
. ............On... mixes elevator to rudder
Switch 3..Off... Elevator
. ...........On...Elevator
Switch 4..Off..no effect
............On..vee tail.. both elevator and rudder move with the right stick.
Switch 5..Off..no effect
............On..no effect
Switch 6..Off..rudder normal.. goes left with left stick,
.............On..rudder reversed
Switch 7..Off..elevator reversed
............. On.. elevator normal ... go up with back stick
Switch 8..Off..no effect
.............On..no effect
Switch 9..Off..no effect
.............On..no effect
Switch 10..Off..no effect
..............On..no effect
Switches 6 and 7 control the surface polarities.
Switches 2 has something to do with mixing the surfaces, but isn't useable.
Switch 4 would be the vee-tail mode.
6 and 7 are surface polarities.. those shown as "normal" move the surface with the stick in the normal directions.
The plane has HS-55s, which are backwards to other servos.
The polarity switches or the hook-ups from the servo to the surface can be swapped to get the proper polarities also..
Too windy to try the range.. should be OK for park flier useage.
The "proportinal" was rotated fully CCW.. appeared to let the motor run up more.
There's probably a lot of switch interdependencies that will have some effect on a plane, but these will get it flying.
There's no need to open up the 4-in-1, as is common with the 4-in-1 for the CPs.. Just plug-n-play.
Last edited by Sparky Paul; Jan 02, 2007 at 05:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2007, 05:16 PM
I posted the functions of those DIP switches in a thread a little bit ago. Not a bad radio, but the size of the RF board makes me think the power output is safe only in a gymnasium or smaller.

Guess I'm on Sparky's ignore list?
Last edited by JWags; Jan 02, 2007 at 10:19 PM.
Jan 02, 2007, 08:32 PM
Ascended Master
Thread OP
Switch 5 reverses the throttle.
The change is effective only after the receiver and transmitter are turned off, and then turned back on.
Changing the switch without powering down and back on has no effect on the current selection.
The surface reversers, switches 6 and 7, will operate in reverse as they are switched.
There's no servo compatible output for rudder.. for a plane with rudder and aileron.
The rudder input from the transmitter is mixed in the 4-in-1 with the gyro and motor speeds.
Jan 03, 2007, 06:45 PM
Ascended Master
Thread OP
A nice calm day... I got about 300 feet away, and it lost the signal.
The LP5DSM isn't good enough range wise to fly outside.
Jan 03, 2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks for trying this. It's very good to know what the practical limit is.

I've added this to my CX2 FAQ.
Jan 03, 2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks for testing that! I was leaning towards a BCX2 in hopes of also using the Tx for a smaller foamy plane, but I don't think 300' is gonna cut it.

Not sure if it will work, but has anyone tried binding the LP5DSM to the new Spektrum AR6100 Rx yet and checking the range of that combination?
Jan 03, 2007, 07:57 PM
Ascended Master
Thread OP
The higher powered DX-7 will bind to the CX-2 receiver.. I might try that with the same plane.

Quick Reply