Jun 08, 2013, 03:24 PM
flyin' fool
In gooped EPP...................
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2013, 02:46 PM
flyin' fool
My latest in yellow gooped EPP at 2.8 ounces.
Jun 17, 2013, 02:49 PM
flyin' fool
These wee wonders are a blast. There's four of us here now with DV8s, flying SMALL and havin' a BALL.
Aug 08, 2013, 06:08 PM
flyin' fool
A big one at two feet..............should rock n' roll at 4.6 oz with a loading of 3.8 oz. per sq. ft.
Aug 21, 2013, 01:08 PM
flyin' fool
We tested a few different airfoils and found the best so far is the modified EH1090 as show here.
Last edited by goldguy; Mar 01, 2014 at 08:56 PM.
Aug 21, 2013, 01:42 PM
FSD
FSD
Definite Flight Risk
You guys are having so much fun with these little guys that I'm considering bringing back the DV8 in the near future. With the changes and improvements that you have made to the original design, it would be great to have your input. If you have suggestions on how to make the DV8 better...such as the airfoil you are using or anything else, I would love to hear from you. Thanks! -Paige

On Edit...of course, I will credit you on the FSD/Slope Soarer web site. -P
Latest blog entry: Flow 3.5 Maiden With Aeros
Aug 21, 2013, 02:25 PM
flyin' fool
These's three more newly build, all with slightly different airfoils. The winds haven't been favorable for the last while to get the maiden over with. Will report in soon.

A FB took one to Cape Blanco last week and it was a big hit there. Lot's of guy got out the measuring stick, a pencil and a scrap of paper I understand.
Aug 21, 2013, 03:01 PM
FSD
FSD
Definite Flight Risk
Just to clarify...this kit was my cheapest. I think I sold it for like $30.00. So, there is really no profit in it. My concern is that when I first introduced it, I only sold about 5 or 6. Maybe there will be more demand the second time around. Anyway any additional information that would help to improve the DV8 is always appreciated.
Latest blog entry: Flow 3.5 Maiden With Aeros
Sep 05, 2013, 02:23 PM
flyin' fool
We finally got to maiden two of our two footers. The best size so far. Amazing performance.
Each used different modded HN1090 airfoils. We were having so much fun, no pictures were taken. I'll report back after the next session when the winds return.
Sep 07, 2013, 10:22 PM
flyin' fool
Here's three with three different variations of the HN1090 airfoil. Dave, our local airfoil expert and core cutter has come up yet another for us to test.

Mine ended up a bit porky at 7.7 ounces, the others in the low sevens and for a 24 incher that seems heavy. But, in 20 MPH / 30 KPH winds you'd never know. They flew amazing once we got the CG sorted, the reason for my extra balance lead. With only the built-in reflex these babies fly inverted with just a whisper of down trim, loop and roll with ease, fly on the rail and haul the goods in the speed department. It's definitely the airfoil that counts here.

And, a hoot to fly.

Still testing though......................more to come, stay tuned.
Sep 09, 2013, 03:17 PM
flyin' fool
The two fours have a root cord of 8 5/8", the tips are 6 and the LE has an angle of 135 degrees.
Sep 09, 2013, 03:19 PM
flyin' fool
BIG fun, little beatie
Dec 17, 2013, 02:13 PM
flyin' fool
I know this is getting away from the small theme, but here's a 48 incher that flies amazingly well.........................

Quick Reply