Dec 29, 2006, 08:02 PM
rc, Rc, RC, RCRCRC
Thread OP
Rave

Tyco RC Skyforce new at Target (2 planes in one)

Ok along with my Acro-Jet I also found this. This seems to be pretty cool there are two gliders that come in every kit this one happened to have the Assault Plane and the Bi-Plane in it. Well along with them being gliders you can take the weight off and use them as RC with the provided receiver and 2 motors (set up much like airhogs). Ill run a test flight as soon as the batteries charge on this one also and report.
Also this includes lipo and charger in radio.

Price was $29.99 same as Acro-Jet

Bi-Plane airframe only - 12.5 grams
Bi-Plane with Radio - 26.1 grams

Assault Plane airframe only -11.3 grams
Assault Plane with radio - 24.9 grams

Radio reciever and motors - 13.6 grams

Motors, props, and wire - 5.5 grams
Reciever and battery - 8.1 grams

Radio control w/ Energizer Batts - 289.1 grams (ok Im being silly but I found my scale now Im weighing everything)

Flights have been around 11-13 mins maybe more as the battery is run more as run times between the two models is slight but the Assault Plane flies longer because of weight and lower throttle setting to keep it up.

A must get in my book if you like the Aero-Ace you will love these a truly positive plane for $30
Last edited by cjz89civic; Dec 30, 2006 at 02:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2006, 08:04 PM
Oh Yeah!
sweet
Dec 29, 2006, 08:16 PM
rc, Rc, RC, RCRCRC
Thread OP
More pics on whats in the box
Dec 29, 2006, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjz89civic
Ok along with my Acro-Jet I also found this. This seems to be pretty cool there are two gliders that come in every kit this one happened to have the Assult Plane and the Bi-Plane in it. Well along with them being gliders you can take the weight off and use them as RC with the provided reciever and 2 motors (set up much like airhogs). Ill run a test flight as soon as the batterys charge on this one also and report.
Also this includes lipo and charger in radio.

Price was $29.99 same as Acro-Jet
I would be really curious to know how it flys. If you have a scale weigh the components also so we know how much they weigh.

- John
Dec 29, 2006, 09:58 PM
rc, Rc, RC, RCRCRC
Thread OP
Ok well I built the Bi-Plane first. Just like a flat foam 2mm small plane. I doesnít really have a lot of lift until about 1/2 to full throttle. A little on the heavy side if I compare it to the AA but it flies nicely faster than the AA and not twitchy. It flies nose a bit up to create lift and does nice turns once trimmed out. It wants dive a bit and you lose a small amount of altitude in turns. It has a LVC but you will not be able to fly it up to that point. But you only have about 30 secs of motor left anyway.
Mine flew for 8mins 10 secs in no wind on the first charge and with stops and starts when adjusting motors direction. Well I think this is my new daily flier Iím going to have to say itís kind of a fun little plane to play with. A plane that I would tell somebody to buy for sure if they already had an AA. Will see how the Assault plane goes I think it will even be fast.

Also antenna floats free under plane if you look at the pics you will see it. Nice way to adjust the motor positions. If you are looking for a radio set up that you can transfer to a new plane with little mods this looks like a good set up with removing the case and the motor holders Iím sure it will be as lite or liter than the AA set up.

I will weight these planes as soon as my Scale returns to me where ever it has walked off to.
Dec 29, 2006, 10:23 PM
rc, Rc, RC, RCRCRC
Thread OP
Second full charge. Constant 1/2 throttle run was 10mins 45 secs about 25 feet up. It climbs allot better than the AA. Nice turns on all throttle settings. 1/2 throttle is about where it flyís most of the time anything lower it just comes down. Also found if you fly straight over your head it glitches. No big deal since your not suppose to do it anyway. It really doesnít glide very well in RC mode but in glider mode itís just another chuck glider (with radio gear out and included weight in).
Dec 29, 2006, 10:45 PM
Wow these look pretty cool. Thanks for posting your reports, I will have to hunt one down...
Dec 29, 2006, 10:50 PM
rc, Rc, RC, RCRCRC
Thread OP
They have a couple at the Target near my house if anybody wants one and cant find one I can ship one to you. But only paypal and it will be exact money for plane and shipping. Im not making nothing off this hobby. Also seems to be only 27mhz and 49mhz as far as channels go.
Dec 29, 2006, 10:57 PM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Cool!!

Let's hear about that "assault plane!"

I saw the Airhogs Aero Jet at Target today (also $29.99)... I almost bought it but I have too many RC projects going on at the moment. It seems like it might be bigger than an AA Bipe. How does it fly?
Dec 29, 2006, 11:03 PM
rc, Rc, RC, RCRCRC
Thread OP
Im putting the Assault plane together right now so it shouldnt be too much longer to have a report. Here is pics and the report on that plane https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617808
Dec 29, 2006, 11:04 PM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjz89civic
Im putting the Assault plane together right now so it shouldnt be too much longer to have a report. Here is pics and the report on that plane https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617808
Thanks... I just found that thread
Dec 30, 2006, 12:00 AM
rc, Rc, RC, RCRCRC
Thread OP
Ok Just got done on the maiden of the Assault plane. This plane flies sooo much better than the Bi-Plane. It feels lighter than the Bi-Plane. Ok on with the report.

So on launch it flew straight on lowest throttle position and with just a little more power it climbs. Nice and level very smooth. On lowest throttle it turns in big 15 foot circles but if you apply power in the turn it will do 3-4 foot turns. Very impressive so far. Run time and only 3rd charge on the batteries was a 12 mins 24 secs. Iím thinking the longer run time is due to not having to have the thing 1/2 throttle all the time to keep it afloat.
Climb rate is really good on this one. At full throttle I can get to the top of a light pole in about 60 feet so it angles up and just climbs no proposing at all.
Speed is also pretty good, faster than the Bi-Plane I would venture to say about 15mph maybe faster.

Well between the two of these this is now my favorite and one I will be playing with allot.

Im going out on a limb here and telling you guys you have to get one of these if its not just for the radio gear. Only thing Im not liking and its really not a hugh deal to me is the TOY wire antenna on the radio. Just go get one there fun and takes 30 secs to switch between the 2 plane bodys if you have marked where each motor is positioned. 4th charge done and Im out to play again. Later

Chris
Last edited by cjz89civic; Dec 30, 2006 at 03:20 AM.
Dec 30, 2006, 12:33 AM
rc, Rc, RC, RCRCRC
Thread OP
Ran 4th battery charge out 12mins 46 secs launch to landing. If the times keep up I will be very very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJa15
I would be really curious to know how it flys. If you have a scale weigh the components also so we know how much they weigh.

- John
Now posted weights
Dec 30, 2006, 12:46 AM
1.21 Gigawatts!
videos of these planes?
Dec 30, 2006, 01:00 AM
rc, Rc, RC, RCRCRC
Thread OP
WOW video. Hmmmm I can do it tomorrow it will only be 30 secs unless I can get my webcam set up on my laptop. Well see what I can work out.

Quick Reply